Lead Controls Systems Engineer (JO015689) Doha, Qatar
|Salary:||USD250 - USD400 per day|
Our client, world's largest liquefied natural gas company, is urgently looking for a " Lead Controls Systems Engineer" willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Conditions
Work Location: Qatar onshore
Work schedule: 6 days/ week, 10 hrs/Day
Contract Duration: 24 Months
Mobilization/Demobilization tickets Provided.
Leave tickets in economy class Provided.
International Medical Insurance Provided
Visa and Work permit Provided Annual leave: Provided
Fixed Monthly Logistic Allowance while in Qatar Provided.
Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 12 years’ experience working in Instrument area, experience in LNG projects an advantage. Specific knowledge in instrumentation and instrument systems such as metering, analyzers, foundation fieldbus etc.
- Broad knowledge of engineering execution in Oil & Gas including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, field engineering in construction and commissioning.
- Knowledge of Brownfield engineering and execution expected.
- Requires demonstrated broad Instruments & Controls equipment and systems experience (Emerson DCS, Snyder Triconix SIS, Virtualization) and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes
- LNG Storage and Loading controls design experience desirable
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritization and management skills.
- Strong communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Ensure Instrumentation engineering activities are conducted in accordance with regulatory requirements, project specifications and approved variations if any.
- Execute work with objective to ensure technical alignment and compliance with COMPANY operational policies, standards of business conduct and project management system.
- Resolve instrument controls discipline issues to ensure engineering design addresses Project’s expectations and objectives. Communicate and elevate issues before they escalate to I&C Head or Engineering Manager when necessary.
- Review technical aspects of instrument systems purchase orders with EPC Contractor and vendors in accordance with the roles and responsibilities stated in applicable contract(s) to ensure safe and seamless integration of such systems into the existing operating facilities
- Assess discipline plans and work schedules to ensure effective completion of discipline activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
- Develop, update and amend instrument controls philosophies, specifications and procedures ensuring that all references to Instrument (and related controls if applicable) engineering are current and relevant.
- Monitor and provide guidance to EPC Contractor to ensure key instrument deliverables, progress/milestones are met. Recommend additional technical support where necessary to address gaps.
- Coordinate and analyse technical issues for resolution. Provide Instrumentation input to other engineering disciplines, construction, procurement etc as necessary. Support commissioning and system completing activities and make appropriate recommendations on instrument matters.
- Plan and schedule the instrument systems deliverables to enable efficient execution in meeting project milestones/schedule.
- Contribute to Safety Analysis studies and provide the required input to support key design decisions. Participate in sharing lessons learned, together with capturing current lessons learned to benefit future projects.
Interested Candidate, kindly apply