Lead of SHES Utilities Area (JO120025) Doha, Qatar
|Salary:||USD500 - USD550 per day|
Our client, an Operator company, is urgently looking for a “Lead of SHES Utilities Area 1" willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Conditions
Work hours per day: 10hrs./day
Workdays per Week: 6 days/week
Workday per Month: 26 days/month
Contract Duration: 36 Months
Current Location: Qatar
- Supports the Onshore EPC project in all SHES related disciplines and scope of work. Shall be flexible and team orientated. Supports the SHES Head (and/or SHES Manager) as the key focal point for site activities.
- Provides oversight in field for newly onboarded EPC CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTOR(s) and Vendors, to verify understanding and compliance to project SHES requirements. Monitor site SHES programs and safe work practices, and review and evaluate data/ information/ systems as required.
- Champion on-site SHES awareness and safe performance with CONTRACTOR and among PMT. Daily attendance of Tool-Box Talks (TBT) and Task Instructions (TI), providing coaching and leadership to CONTRACTOR and its SUBCONTRACTOR(s) to ensure this fundamental communication tools are used to its optimum levels.
- Supports the SHES Head (and/or SHES Manager) in providing oversight and guidance for site SHES and Regulatory compliance and performance during project fieldwork including compliance to RLC regulatory requirements. Review and comment on CONTRACTOR SHES Plan and key supporting documents.
- Verification of SHES site resource allocation, competencies and performance in assigned area of responsibility. Monitor newly mobilized SHES personnel. Provide mentoring and promote development of SHES personnel.
- Supports the establishment and maintenance of strong safety cultures in line with the COMPANY and Project vision, mission and values. Support and promote the project Observation & Intervention program and the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program.
- Liaise with internal/external groups as and when required in coordination with SHES Head (and/or SHES Manager), e.g. Major Projects, CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTOR(s) Other entities and site etc.
- HSE related NVQ Level 5, NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or higher (BSc, PgCert, PgDip, MSc).
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Lead Auditor.
- TapRoot® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader (or equivalent RCA tool).
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15 years’ experience in Occupational Health and Safety.
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. greenfield and brownfield work).
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn).
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain a world-class SHES performance.
- Creates high quality and accurate output in a timely manner.
- Team player who can effectively collaborate within Project Teams and with external parties.
- Able to identify and analyse complex issues and provide recommendations.
- Establishes and sustains credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors.
- Takes responsibility for own work products and can perform at high level without supervision.