Capital Projects (JO015119) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
|Salary:||USD9000 - USD10000 per month|
Industry: Power Generation
City/Country: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Title: Capital Projects
Division: Transmission & Distribution
Function: Technical and Operational Excellence
Basic Purpose of the role:
To manage the development of comprehensive capital spending plans (Business Plan, Operating Plan, and Engineering strategy) and the Transmission and Distribution business line’s (BL) procurement activities to drive the achievement of overall business objectives.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into department business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the Strategy & Performance department by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff to maximize sectional performance.
- Lead the effective collaboration with all business partners (Finance, Supply Chain, IT and Legal) in order to co-deliver defined key performance indicators (KPIs) in line with the overall business plan.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Manage and ensure effective implementation of Strategy & Performance department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Ensure that all unit reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet NewCo requirements, policies and quality standards.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Capex and Engineering Strategy
- Manage the development of capex strategy plans for the Transmission and Distribution business line (BL) to support the achievement of key financial and strategic objectives and to ensure the required level of resources is made available to achieve the outlined goals for the BL.
- Manage the stage gate process for the BL and evaluate the progress achieved on each phase of the project and provide recommendation to management on the right course of action.
- Liaise with the corporate supply chain team to manage and oversee the execution of all procurement activities for the Transmission and Distribution BL based on the operational and business requirements and material acquisition needs collected from BL’s functions to ensure their efficient and timely delivery.
- Monitor receipt of all cargos and orders and ensure deliveries are on time, in coordination with Corporate Supply Chain, and as per procurement terms.
Bids and Tenders Management
- Collaborate with the corporate Supply Chain team to plan and supervise the tendering process and provide feedback with respect to the evaluation of suppliers suitable for the job.
- Ensure that procurement documents (Tender documents, enquiries, call of contracts for supply of materials and purchase orders, etc) are up to date to minimize the possibility for agreement variations and disputes.
Project Management and Delivery
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and/or external consultants to ensure a successful execution of the assigned BL project(s).
- Provide advice on the design and set-up of various BL related projects in consultation with the Asset Managers.
- Facilitate effective alignment and reporting on BL related projects and ensure that execution is at all times within stated timelines, quality and budgets.
- Develop, share and ensure compliance with the project plans developed for managed projects in order to ensure that projects managed are executed profitably and yield the required results.
- Set-up and monitor ongoing operations of facility related projects through reporting, analysis and identifying variances from the project plans.
- Monitor and report on project progress and budgets to assigned steering committees as per the agreed timelines and reporting formats.
Relevant Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or any related field.
- 10 years of relevant experience in project management or strategy development.