Head of Quality EPC1-B (JO014971) Doha, Qatar
|Salary:||USD300 - USD400 per day|
JOB TITLE: HEAD OF QUALITY
PREFERRED APPLICANTS BASED IN QATAR
Key Job Accountabilities
- Develops and/or approves Procurement and Construction Surveillance Programs per the Project Quality Plan (PQP) and supports Engineering Surveillance Program.
- Monitors the effective oversight of Contractors Engineering, Procurement and Construction quality efforts
- Establishes Company surveillance assessment schedules and ensures assessments are conducted timely in manner.
- Coordinates and participates in Engineering, Procurement and Construction phase Quality Audits and verification of follow-up activities.
- Provides leadership and support to the Quality and Information Management Team
- Provides input to the Organization Planning to ensure coverage of all work areas
- Establishes, conducts and records project-specific quality orientation & training
- Reviews & approves Contractor's Project Quality Plans & procedures
- Reviews & approves Contractor's internal & external quality audit schedules
- Reviews & approves Contractor’s Quality personnel assigned to the project
- Ensures appropriate personnel review & approve deliverables of EPC Contractor & any sub-contractors (e.g., Plans, ITPs, etc)
- Monitors and measures Contractor’s quality performance.
- Stewards resolution of quality issues and or elevates to PQM as required
- Interfaces with Procurement Quality Specialists to verify Vendor quality for Equipment and Materials
- Applies extensive hands-on, industry-based experience & knowledge to promote & establish existing systems, processes & procedures within a structured quality framework
- Manages the implementation of Quality and IM solutions in a timely & cost-effective manner that compliments safety, cost & schedule
- Promotes and monitors key processes such as Deficiency Reporting, Specification Deviation, Non-conformance reporting and Corrective Action reporting etc. and ensures Contractors contractual compliance
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate quality at project & functional level
- Persuasive management attributes are essential across all levels of the organization with an ability to establish & maintain genuine & responsive relationships
- Effective team player who collaborates well with others
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity in dealing with all parties and communicates concisely in written and verbal context; prepares high quality written reporting
- Ensures COMPANY Lessons Learned are implemented and verified
- 15 years’ experience with Quality Management Programs and Quality Control activities for execution of mega projects in the Oil & Gas Construction Industry.
- Preferred: Associates Engineering or Engineering degree Metallurgical, Welding, Mechanical or Science
- Experience with multi-national contractors & vendors, in particular those involved in the construction of LNG Plants and facilities.
- Strong coordination skills, extensive quality experience in responsible roles on major oil & gas engineering & construction projects
- Experienced in facilitating & coordinating efforts to troubleshoot project issues.
- Experience with conducting audits and assessments of work processes and procedures.
- Experience with LNG plant construction including pneumatic testing, preservation procedures and flange management.