Head of Construction Engineering (17/01/2023) Qatar
|Salary:||USD50 - USD51 per day + Negotiable|
Our client, an Operator company, is urgently looking for a “Head of Construction Engineering" willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Conditions
Work hours per day: 10hrs./day
Workdays per Week: 6 days/week
Workday per Month: 26 days/month
Contract Duration: 36 Months
Current Location: Qatar, Onshore
Job Responsibilities Highlights:
- Responsible and accountable to review, comment, and approve construction engineering and/or execution and related procedure specifications, and deliverables prepared by the EPC CONTRACTOR
- Leadership and “work as a team” behavior and attitude towards EPC CONTRACTOR as its Subcontractors to achieve Project objectives
- Visibility to the team to influence the technical decisions to better achieve flawless construction execution and transition to commissioning.
- Work in a dynamic team environment that has high expectations for flawless Project Execution in safety, quality, cost, and schedule performances, which requires the incumbent to demonstrate capacity to take workload, work with accuracy, take initiatives, be inventive and can multi-task.
- Working effectively within established procedures and participates in all important meetings and workshops (e.g., weekly, and monthly meetings, 3D Model reviews, Constructability, Construction and Completion Sequence Reviews).
- Strong ability to influence others who are not in his direct control to achieve Project objectives
- Bring solutions and provide support but not generate “micro-management” or unnecessary works to the Team and/or the EPC Contractor.
- Be inventive to bring technical and execution solutions that favor safe construction execution and transition to commissioning activities.
- Facilitate periodic meetings with the PMT and contractors as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Construction Division Manager.
- Dealing with ad-hoc requests related to project operational and project logistics activities.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil Structural Preferred) with technical background as a Project Engineer or Field Engineer with solid Project Execution experience
- More than Ten (10) years in Project Execution, with a strong background in Project Engineering, Project Controls, and fabrication/construction engineering management of large green field construction activities.
- Proven experience with Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) methodology and systems completion management
- Experience with multi-cultural type Projects.
- Experience with LNG Projects
- Computer literacy (MS Office, SAP)