Piping Engineering Specialist (JO014825) Doha, Qatar
|Salary:||USD450 - USD550 per day|
Our reputed Client an Oil and Gas Company is urgently looking for a “Pipeline Engineering Specialist” in Doha Qatar.
- Perform all Piping Engineering activities in accordance with regulatory requirements, project specifications and approved variations if any, to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Develop, implement and amend specifications, procedures and controls covering all areas of Piping Engineering activities to ensure effective project delivery.
- Evaluate complex tasks providing appropriate recommendations and analysis to management on piping issues.
- Provide expertise and support to other discipline engineers and contribute to multi-disciplinary tasks, as required, ensuring completion of activities within schedule.
- Provide Piping Engineering inputs and technical support throughout Project Life Cycle ensuring timely solutions to problems and providing flawless project execution.
- Elevate issues to project Management Team, when necessary.
- Uphold all project philosophies and procedures ensuring these are applied to the specification, design and procurement of piping items.
- Monitor the performance of contractors, providing guidance as necessary to ensure piping aspects of the scope and optimal costs are achieved while meeting project deliverables.
- Review and validate all Piping Engineering documents (drawings/datasheets/philosophies/ specifications etc.) produced by vendors, contractors and consultants to ensure alignment with project specifications and Company standards.
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with project specification and contract documents, in particular EPC contractors scope of work.
- Ensuring that Company Operations Policies, Standards of Business Conduct, Company Project Management System (PMS), are adhered to during detail design phase do the project.
- Participate in various project reviews including Safety Workshops, Cold Eye Reviews and Value Improvement Workshops, as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- 8+ years’ experience of Piping Engineering in a major project environment in the oil and gas industry, with a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- Working knowledge of 3D modelling software and processes used during detail engineering phase of the project.
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, and similar.
- Knowledge of 3D design software, SmartPlant and similar is beneficial.