HSE Lead (Jo123456) South Korea
|Salary:||USD250 - USD300 per day + Negotiable|
One of our reputed Clients in the O&G Industry is looking for a HSE Lead with the following details:
Location: Seoul / South Korea
Contract: Unlimited Contract
Activities for HSE Lead:
- Maintains an up-to-date register of all applicable HSE requirements (laws, regulations, codes, standards, etc.), defines how compliance is ensured and gaps, if any, are identified and managed (including derogation process when necessary).
- Liaises with Korean and offshore wind professional associations and normative institutes regarding offshore safety, and with HSE representative.
- Defines, in liaison with the project Engineering team, the Project safety concept, triggering HSE/GRP as required.
- Ensures minimum safety requirements are implemented in the design of the facilities (access, evacuation, firefighting, etc.)
- Ensures that project timely perform the relevant safety design reviews and necessary safety studies.
- Develops, implements, explains, promotes the HSE management system (to be updated during the different phases of the project).
- Organizes, animates, follows-up HSE project committee meetings and other HSE related meetings.
Contractors and suppliers
- Proposes the contractors’ HSE technical and contractual requirements.
- Participates to HSE qualification audit at Tenderers or Vendor’s facilities.
- Analyses contractors’ proposals in terms of HSE and risks linked to construction methods and participates to tendering clarification.
- Ensures that Contractors HSE manuals, plans, procedures, and reporting are in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Monitors contractors’ activities to confirm their compliance with the HSE requirements of the contract.
Reporting and investigation
- Consolidates at proper format project HSE indicators reporting including all packages (surveys, yards, installations, etc.) for each project.
- Ensures that any incident or anomaly (unsafe act/situation) is immediately reported and analysed.
- Supervise incident, accident and high potential incidents investigations and analysis.
Respect for the environment
- Coordinates and reports on the implementation and monitoring of the action plans agreed in the environmental studies.
- Ensures the implementation of the environmental management plan, including the waste management plan.
Safeguarding of health
- Ensures that occupational health hazards are identified.
- Makes sure that medical and first-aid materials and equipment are available on the worksites (including offices).
- Ensures that the policy governing personnel protective equipment (PPE) is clearly defined and applied.
- Identifies training requirements for Project team and ensures implementation.
- Ensures operations (e.g. Environmental surveys, Geotechnical/Geophysical surveys, etc.) are performed by our contractors in line with defined HSE requirement.
- Controls the execution of all contractor’s HSE related activities and perform HSE visits and audits in contractor’s facilities.
- Sets up and explains, for each identified situation, specific emergency procedures.
- Organizes preparedness for emergency situations through training and drills.
- Engineer with minimum of 10 years working experience in project HSE domains at management level, ideally with Korean construction yard, offshore works, and design experiences.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage own workload, meet timescales and coordinate a number of external and internal stakeholders, sometimes under tight timescales.
- Good written and oral communication skills in multicultural environment
- Knowledge of French would be a plus.
Interested Candidate, kindly apply.