Lead of Quality BGD - Lean Gas Lines (17/01/2023) Qatar
|Salary:||USD50 - USD51 per day + Negotiable|
Our client, an Operator company, is urgently looking for a “Lead of Quality BGD - Lean Gas Lines" willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Conditions
Work hours per day: 10hrs./day
Workdays per Week: 6 days/week
Workday per Month: 26 days/month
Contract Duration: 36 Months
Current Location: Qatar, Onshore
Job Responsibilities Highlights:
- To apply leadership and to be visual, vocal in the leadership of the incident injury free program
- Review EPC Key Reporting Areas and advise areas for improvement.
- Review site statistics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) including Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) and provide reports to management.
- Perform as focal point for Run Down Lines Quality, Welding and NDE matters and provide recommendations for improvement and corrective action as required.
- Conduct surveillance of Contractor and Subcontractor Welder Performance Qualification Testing welder and NDE qualifications.
- Participates in EPC Contractor’s audit program (audit plan, schedule, checklist, reports, etc.)
- Provides verification that construction quality systems and procedures are implemented in compliance with the requirements of the approved Quality Management Systems.
- Monitoring and tracking project deficiencies and reporting welding quality KPIs to the management team.
- Promotes and monitors key processes such as Deficiency Reporting, Specification Deviation Request, Non-conformance Request, Corrective Action Reports, etc.
- Work with the EPC contractors to ensure their Quality and Welding & NDE processes and plans are robust, fully documented and appropriately resourced.
- Identify if gaps exist between the welding practices site contractors and or contract scopes. Provide input to trouble shoot issues related to welding in consultation with quality team.
- Interpretation and application of project specifications, design codes and procedures for the control of production test programs, welding and NDE qualifications.
- Provide welding/metallurgical technical input the review of Nonconformance, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and monitor welding rework as required.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Degree in Metallurgical/Welding Engineering (or Mechanical Engineering with Welding Engineering).
- 15 years’ experience associated with Welding Quality Control & coordination of Welding activities within the Oil & Gas Construction Industry.
- Qualifications in Auditing, Welding & Materials fields are desirable.
- NDT Level-II (RT, UT, PT, MT, AUT), and welding professional qualification (CSWIP, EWE, IWE or AWS) (where equivalent is proposed, evidence of equivalence shall be provided).
- Experience with multi-national contractors, in particular those involved in the construction of LNG production facilities,
- Assertive Quality management leadership skills. Must be capable of communicating Quality and Welding requirements, results and status throughout Company and contractor management and craft labour levels.
- Considerable relevant experience in the construction of onshore Oil & Gas installations. Demonstrated sound technical knowledge and extensive experience in welding processes. Expert knowledge in welding of high strength steels and corrosion resistant alloys (CRA) used in oil and gas industry.
- Fully conversant with international codes and standards used in oil and gas industry. Well experienced in NDE methods, especially, AUT & RT, specifically intermediate RT on clad materials. Validation of AUT & RT.
- Mechanical testing including corrosion and pitting tests. Strong preference given to candidates with prior Company or IOC project experiences.
- A thorough knowledge of codes and standards in relation to site construction and working within a structured Quality Management System
- Must be capable of positive decision-making & demonstrating a high level of judgement & responsibility