Head of Sulfur Plant Construction Brownfield (JO017383) Doha, Qatar
|Salary:||USD500 - USD550 per day|
Our client, an Operator company, is urgently looking for a “Head of Sulphur Plant Construction - Brownfield" willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Conditions
Work hours per day: 10hrs./day
Workdays per Week: 6 days/week
Workday per Month: 26 days/month
Contract Duration: 24 Months
Current Location: Qatar
- Job Purpose:
- Responsible for the review of all scope technical documentation and packages, including method statements, JSA’s, work method statements, construction sequencing, schedules, and regular reporting of progress.
- Provides visible safety leadership by example to the Contractor and actively participates in SHES management program including daily toolbox talk (TBT), task instruction (TI) and awareness campaigns.
- Ensure Contractor’s construction activities are completed in accordance with Onshore Project procedures, regulations, specifications, standards, and permit to work procedures as applicable, including relevant RLIC procedures.
- Manage and coordinate site activities of the Contractor and subcontractor(s) in the designated activities of responsibility. Report on the construction activities, progress, areas of concern and implement mitigating actions. Participate in construction discipline review meetings.
- Lead a team of 8-10 Company Construction Superintendents to ensure all Contractors’ activities are delivered to SHES, Quality, Schedule, and Cost requirements and in compliance with permit to work requirements (CPW). Activities include Lifting, Rigging, Coating & Insulation, Scaffolding, Civil & Structural, Building and E&I.
- Daily sanction of eCPW in RLIC areas. Act as Operating Authority within the RLIC system. Perform a similar role and function as COMPANY Host in OPCO areas.
- Ensure correction of non-conformance report items and other issues supporting QA/QC compliance.
- Work with the Project Team to identify construction risks and prepare mitigation plans.
- Key Result Areas:
- Timely review of technical documentation, ensuring it meets the Onshore Project and relevant regulatory requirements including method statements, JSA’s.
- Ensure all construction activities are executed in line with approved Path of Construction.
- Timely resolution of field Construction issues for Contractor, associated with the Corridors scope of work
- Safe and timely execution of construction activities.
- Work with Interface team to ensure submission and approval of all technical packages by the Contractor prior to starting the construction activities.
- Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
- Works in a Project environment in which the incumbent strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performance by creating a culture that encourages everyone to perform their best every day on every task.
- Works in a highly visible Project environment with large capital expenditures and significant schedule execution pressure.
- Works effectively within established policies and procedures and participates in the development of these to meet changing project needs.
- Works in a dynamic team environment that has high expectations for flawless Project execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performance. Success in the position requires the incumbent to demonstrate accuracy, initiative and the ability to multitask as essential skills.
- Demonstrate willingness to tackle a variety of tasks in response to evolving business needs.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in a relevant field.
- Proven leader of teams. Knowledge of Lifting, Rigging, Coating & Insulation, Scaffolding, Civil & Structural, Buildings and E&I.
- Strong understanding of the execution sequence and challenges of brownfield multi-discipline construction and associated steps to avoid operational disruption.
- Experience in major Construction Projects with total capital expenditure >USD$1B
- Knowledge of Industry standards, specifications & requirements. Middle East experience an advantage.