New Venture and Special Projects Senior Manager (JO015137) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
|Salary:||USD10000 - USD11000 per month|
Industry: Power Generation
City/Country: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Title: New Ventures and Strategic Projects Senior Manager
Division: Transmission & Distribution
Function: Asset Management
Basic Purpose of the role:
To develop and manage the portfolio of COMPANY new ventures and projects to ensure successful project delivery with optimal return on investment and maximized performance for NewCo.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into department business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the COMPANY New Ventures and Strategic Projects department by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing, and motivating staff to maximize sectional performance.
- Lead the talent development initiatives for the assigned department, collaborating with technical/discipline experts and thereby ensure the availability of talent to fit business requirements.
- Act as a role model and drive adherence to organizational values and ethics by employees of the assigned department to foster a value driven culture within the organization.
Collaboration and Delivery with Strategic Business Partners
- Lead the effective collaboration with all business partners (Human Capital, Finance, Supply Chain, IT and Legal) to co-deliver defined key performance indicators (KPIs) in line with the overall business plan.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Manage and ensure effective implementation of COMPANY New Ventures and Strategic Projects department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Ensure that all unit reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet NewCo requirements, policies, and quality standards.
- Ensure that benchmarks and strategic analysis are conducted to identify and launch strategic projects that can unlock value from the Transmission assets.
- Review and study current investments value return and investment performance and identify performance success and gaps (if any) to incorporate and consider in future investment plans.
- Identify operational synergies and shape collaboration across operating companies (OpCos) on investments to optimize cost and performance.
- Support other functions within Transmission & Distribution to evaluate, define and secure the optimum market position and prices for NewCo’s assets including analysis of alternative tariff, different pricing arrangements, product and feedstock market assessments and development of pricing forecasts and future economic scenarios based on ground realities.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive market database for traders, buyers, quality specifications and volumes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners and all relevant external/internal entities with highest standards of business ethics, in-order to improve business outcomes whilst protecting NewCo’s business interests.
- Manage all Transmission strategic projects and interconnection projects to ensure their successful execution and achievement of key objectives.
- Manage and monitor all relevant COMPANY Asset Management initiatives to ensure successful achievement of all strategic KPIs and key stakeholder expectations.
- Support transmission special projects, including readiness for nuclear and PV integration and key interconnection projects.
- Work closely with the Transmission Asset Manager to ensure the readiness of the transmission system for the integration of renewable energies and new trading partners to enable interconnection and value realization.
- Collaborate with the single buyer to jointly plan the generation and transmission capacity to optimize total system cost.
- Support the fuel efficiency initiatives in coordination with the single buyer and system operations to ensure the successful achievement of set goals and objectives.
- Monitor the budgeting of COMPANY projects, ensuring that adequate provision is made for all budget and capex/opex plans, monitoring and controlling expenditure against approved budget and reconciling variances to ensure on-target performance against budgets.
Relevant Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, Economics, or any related field.
- 10 years of relevant experience in Asset Management, Business Development and/or Project Management.