Commercial & Revenue Senior Manager (JO015136) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
|Salary:||USD10000 - USD11000 per month|
Industry: Power Generation
City/Country: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Title: Commercial and Revenue Senior Manager
Division: Transmission & Distribution
Function: Distribution Asset Management
Basic Purpose of the role:
To lead and oversee the successful implementation of commercial and revenue asset management strategies, policies, and programs to meet commercial and revenue targets and identify revenue optimization opportunities, whilst successfully meeting key stakeholder expectations.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into department business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the Commercial and Revenue Management department by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing, and motivating staff to maximize sectional performance.
- Lead the talent development initiatives for the assigned department, collaborating with technical/discipline experts and thereby ensure the availability of talent to fit business requirements.
- Act as a role model and drive adherence to organizational values and ethics by employees of the assigned department to foster a value driven culture within the organization.
Collaboration and Delivery with Strategic Business Partners
- Lead the effective collaboration with all business partners (Human Capital, Finance, Supply Chain, IT and Legal) to co-deliver defined key performance indicators (KPIs) in line with the overall business plan.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Manage and ensure effective implementation of Commercial and Revenue Management department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Ensure that all unit reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet NewCo requirements, policies, and quality standards.
- Oversee all UAE Asset Management (Generation) commercial and revenue management activities to assure achievement of overall business plan.
- Review reports on asset’s business strength and performance indicators; monitor the impact on cash flow and financial resources and ensure that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified.
- Review and understand the financial management, contracts and agreements of the asset and their related obligations to manage and control the assets effectively and in the best interests of NewCo.
- Oversee the development of asset management reports to be presented to clients, supervisors, and senior management.
- Oversee and contribute to conducting research and identify opportunities in market rules, market regulations, and power marketing operations for client assets.
- Drive business-planning activities for the UAE assets (short-term and long-term planning) including strategy and objectives setting, annual budget development, and corporate performance measures setting.
- Ensure financial and production information is used correctly in the internal reporting and forecasting is up to date.
- Oversee all stakeholder management activities to ensure that all queries, issues and escalations with suppliers and customers are handled and resolved in a timely manner and prepare recommendation to senior management on any financial/contractual/commercial/strategic matter.
- Promote and maintain the development of strong relationships with strategic partners and all relevant external/internal entities with highest standards of business ethics, in-order to improve business outcomes whilst protecting NewCo’s business interests.
- Provide expertise and support to other functions within the division to evaluate, define and secure the optimum market position and prices for the assigned NewCo’s assets including analysis of alternative tariff, different pricing arrangements, product and feedstock market assessments and development of pricing forecasts and future economic scenarios based on ground realities.
- Collaborate with finance business partners and other business partners such as Human Capital, Legal and Supply Chain to achieve strategic KPIs on commercial and revenue management.
- Collaborate with Business Development function in effectively managing commercials and contracts of NewCo’s operating assets.
Relevant Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or any other related field.
- 10 years of relevant experience in commercial asset management.