Head of Procurement QA/QC (JO015210) Doha, Qatar
|Salary:||USD4000 - USD5000 per month|
Our client, world's largest Liquefied Natural Gas company, is urgently looking for a “Head of Procurement QA /QC” willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Conditions
Work Location: Office Based Doha, Qatar (Offshore Project)
Contract duration: 36 months
Work schedule: 5 or 6 days/week, 10 hrs
Mob/Demob ticket: Provided
Leave Tickets: Provided
International Medical insurance: Provided
Leads the Project Management Team’s (PMT) procurement and contracting activities and coordinates input from other PMT functions. Monitors Contractor’s performance in the areas of cost estimating, cost control, change control, planning, scheduling and progress measurement. Provides input as necessary to ensure Company’s and Project objectives are achieved.
Main Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Leads the Project Management Team’s (PMT) procurement and contracting activities and coordinate input from other PMT functions such as engineering, construction, etc.
- Coordinate the procurement and contracting activities of contractor with those of the PMT to ensure that company’s procurement objectives are met with regards to cost, schedule and quality.
- Monitor contractor’s performance to ensure their compliance with company’s requirements.
- Review and approve contractor’s procurement procedures and documents.
- Participate in review of contractor’s vendor quality control effort.
- Assist contractor in resolving procurement issues and problems.
- Works in an evolving business environment where expansion opportunities are being identified on a continuous basis adding additional complexity and workload to the existing project environment.
- Works effectively within established policies and procedures and participates in the further development of these to meet changing needs.
- Works on large capital expenditure projects in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight-deadlines, high pressure and visibility, requiring accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
- Demonstrates willingness to tackle a variety of tasks in response to evolving business needs.
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision.
- Able to make decisions and solve problems related to a specific discipline/field.
- Responsible for own work product with minimal guidance and oversight from immediate supervisor.
- Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors and makes good use of their time.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice
Minimum Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering / Business
- Minimum of 20 years of broad materials procurement and contracting experience on major oil and gas projects
- Minimum of five years’ experience coordinating procurement teams executing major projects
- Knowledge of worldwide vendors and contractors
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good supervisory and team skills.
- Broad knowledge of procurement requirements of Subsea Pipelines.
- Execute work in full compliance with COMPANY Standards of Business Conduct and COMPANY Project Management System (PMS)
- Broad range of experience and skills through multiple function and project assignments (Multi-discipline skill set)