Environmental Head EPC (JO015695) Doha, Qatar
|Salary:||USD300 - USD350 per day|
Our client, world's largest liquefied natural gas company, is urgently looking for a " Environmental Head EPC " willing to work under the following conditions for an upcoming project:
Terms and Conditions
Work Location: Qatar onshore
Work schedule: 6 days/ week, 10 hrs/Day
Contract Duration: 24 Months
Mobilization/Demobilization tickets Provided.
Leave tickets in economy class Provided.
International Medical Insurance Provided
Visa and Work permit Provided Annual leave: Provided
Fixed Monthly Logistic Allowance while in Qatar Provided.
Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
- Environmental Science or Engineering Degree (BSc, MSc) or equivalent.
- ISO 14001 Lead Auditor.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years industry relevant Environmental experience.
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. greenfield and brownfield work).
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn).
Technical and Business Skills
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills; confident and clear presentation development and delivery.
- Able to cope with excessive workload.
- Be inventive to bring new ideas, methods and procedures to meet Project objectives.
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain a world-class SHES performance.
- Creates high quality and accurate output in a timely manner.
- Team player who can effectively collaborate within Project Teams and with external parties.
- Able to identify and analyse complex issues and provide recommendations.
- Establishes and sustains credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors.
- Takes responsibility for own work products and can perform at high level without supervision.
- Computer literate, familiar working with Microsoft office applications.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Supports the Onshore EPC project in all Environmental and Regulatory related matters. Shall be flexible and team orientated. Act as the key focal point for all Environmental compliance field issues.
- Lead the approval process for all Government and RLIC issued permits on behalf of the project in close collaboration with COMPANY EARD, ensuring this is conducted in a timely fashion to avoid any delays to project schedule.
- Manages the onboarding of EPC CONTRACTOR, Subcontractors and Vendors to site, ensuring all relevant Environmental requirements are met prior to the start of site works. Helps to ensure compliance to the CTC requirements and conditions and monitors the implementation of the Environmental Action Plan (EAP).
- Champion on-site environmental awareness with CONTRACTOR and among PMT. Regular attendance of Toolbox Talks (TBT) and Task Instructions (TI), providing coaching and leadership to CONTRACTOR and its SUBCONTRACTOR(s) in terms of environmental issues.
- Provide oversight and guidance for site Environmental and Regulatory compliance and performance during project fieldwork including compliance to RLC and MME regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve all Environmental related plans, procedures and implementation plans to ensure full compliance to the relevant Project, COMPANY, RLC and MME requirements. Ensure regular reporting is made by CONTRACTOR and SUBCONTRACTOR(s) in terms of environmental issues as well as external reporting where required.
- Coordinate Environmental site resource planning, assignment, oversight and performance reviews. Provide mentoring and promote development of COMPANY and CONTRACTOR Environmental personnel.
- Use networking, influencing skills, negotiation skills, and technical knowledge to help establish direction and culture for the Onshore project EPC construction site. Support and promote the project Observation & Intervention program and the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program.
- Participate in relevant site environmental reviews, walkthroughs and audits as required. Participate in Environmental assessments and inspections, including facilitation of inspections by RLC Environmental Department when required. Manage the development of environmental campaigns such as World Environment Day, Beach Clean-up, Housekeeping etc.
- Advise SHES Manager on all environmental compliance matters and keep management abreast on emerging global environmental issues, allowing them to review and determine what, if any, impact they have on the project. Ensure the continual improvement of the CONTRACTOR Environmental management system. Pro-active identification of negative trends which requires corrective action and remediation.
Interested Candidate, kindly apply