Chief Financial Officer (JO016244) Muscat, Oman
Our client, a Group Company (Power and INFRASTRUCTURE), is urgently looking for a “Chief Financial Officer (CFO)” in Muscat, Oman.
Terms & Condition:
All INCLUSIVE Salary with Family Status
Attached the Job Description:
Key Job Accountabilities
Key Result Areas:
- Effectively manages the finance function across the group, which operates through an investment holding company, subsidiaries, and associates.
- Directs the overall financial plans and accounting practice; manages the financial performance by developing forecasts, budgets and long-term plans, ensuring alignment of proper resources allocation, and monitoring ongoing performance against plans. Fiduciary responsibility for the financial health of the organization.
- Develops policies, systems and procedures for accounting, internal controls, and management.
- Drives change within the group organization through robust financial analysis and strong business partnership.
- Develops reporting tools (bridges, scorecards, etc.) and key performance metrics to provide management insight into revenue and operating expense trends, track project spending, headcount, and potential risks/opportunities to forecast or plan.
- Oversees the monthly variance analysis of actual operating, capital and project spending vs. plan, forecast and prior year, including responsibility for driving cost control.
- Prepares and submit all Management Information System (MIS) reports and year-end report.
- Delivers effective management information on financial activities, including an analysis of trends and challenges, to the CEO.
- Works closely with the CEO, COO and other key executive team members in relation to budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation programs.
- Demonstrates proven ability in developing models and conducts analyses that identify critical trends, support strategic decision making and create forward visibility. Prepares yearly budgets / periodic forecasts; provides forward-looking analytical leadership.
- Effectively manages the working capital and cash flow of the group.
- Arranges appropriate banking / credit facilities for the holding and its subsidiaries / associates and oversees their timely renewal.
- Manages the investment activities of the group.
- Oversees group properties (owned / leased), insurance policies, employees benefits and payroll.
- Partners with the COO to achieve favorable financial results with respect to sales, profitability, cash flow, investments, mergers and acquisitions, systems, reporting and controls.
- Oversees the risk management and compliance aspects of the group.
- Liaises with external / internal Auditors and coordinates attendance to their queries; oversees annual audits on time with minimal / no adjustments.
- Oversees the preparation of provisional / final annual income tax returns and filing them on a timely basis to the Secretariat General for Taxation, Ministry of Finance.
- Oversees the preparation of responses to any queries form the Tax Authorities in consultation with the Tax Advisors.
- Oversees the timely payments of tax dues.
- Oversees the filing of Withholding Tax Returns.
- Oversees the handling of VAT functions across the group.
- Monitors the performance of the accounting software and implements necessary improvements / modifications that may be required in line with the business requirements.
- Recruits and supervises all Accounting and Finance personnel across the group.
- Ensures the effective performance and development of direct reports.
- Manages day-to-day finance activities and performs other related duties, as required.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- 20 years of relevant experience in financial functions with 10 years in senior management roles.
- Vast experience in strategic planning, financial modeling, budgeting, and forecasting processes to lead teams in building complex models.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex organizations.
- GCC experience preferred.
- Awareness of the trends in the marketplace and of industry issues and drivers.
- Business management degree (MBA preferred) from a reputable educational organization.
- Certified Chartered Accountant (CA) or certified from the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants (ICWA) or from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) mandatory.
- Knowledge on Costing, Auditing, and Financial Analysis.
- Familiarity with IT / business infrastructure and good knowledge of IT tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, videoconferencing (MS Teams / Skype / Zoom / other), enterprise resource planning (SAP / Oracle / other).
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills with problem-solving mindset.
- Analytical skills: a solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics to make systematic and rational judgments based on relevant information.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to communicate at board level.
- Planning skills: able to organize events, activities, and resources and to monitor timescales and plans.
- Persuasiveness: able to influence and convince others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement, or behavioral change.
- Commercial awareness: understanding and applying commercial and financial principles; viewing issues from costs / profits / markets / added-value perspectives.
Interested Candidate, kindly apply