Drill & Blast Engineer (9928) Perth, Australia
|Salary:||AUD150000 - AUD180000 per annum + plus super|
Are you a skilled and ambitious Mining Engineer with a passion for Drill & Blast activities? Do you envision a future filled with continuous growth and advancement in your career?
A specialised company offering open pit mining solutions to clients across the Goldfields region of Western Australia.
- Continuous Growth: This client believes in investing in their employees' development, providing training opportunities, and mentorship to unlock your potential and fuel your career growth.
- Impactful Role: As a Drill & Blast Engineer, your expertise will be pivotal in ensuring safe, efficient, and productive blasting operations, contributing directly to the overall success of their flagship project.
- Mining Contractor Operations Exposure: You will gain invaluable experience working with the mining contractor team, delivering exceptional outcomes for the mining operation.
- Long-Term Job Security: This is opportunity offers stability and a chance to make a lasting impact on the mining project.
- Role: Drill & Blast Engineer
- Roster: FIFO 8/6 roster from Perth
- Collaborate with the D&B contractor team to design and implement effective drill & blast plans, optimising the extraction process for maximum efficiency.
- Utilise your expertise to optimise drilling and blasting techniques.
- Monitor and analyse blast performance data, making necessary adjustments to achieve desired outcomes and continuous improvement.
- Champion risk assessments and implement safety measures to create a secure work environment, ensuring the safety of all team members.
- Provide technical expertise in explosive selection, initiation systems, and vibration control, ensuring precision and accuracy in all blasting operations.
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure seamless integration of Drill & Blast activities into the mining process, fostering strong collaboration within the organisation.
- Prepare and present regular progress reports to stakeholders, communicating the impact of the Drill & Blast operations on the project's success.
- Bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an operational engineering role with demonstrated expertise in drill & blast (open pit)
- Proficiency in mining software such as Surpac or similar tools.
- Valid WA C class driver’s license.
Shortlisting will commence immediately, click apply now or please email your resume to email@example.com
All communication is treated strictly confidential and will be kept completely private until we have discussed the role and you are comfortable moving forward with the opportunity.
To find out more details on this position or any other opportunities in the Mining industry, please call Nicole on 0480 042 510.
Associate Recruitment Consultant – Mining Engineers