Senior Software Engineer (NWS745) Bath, England
|Salary:||GBP30000 - GBP55000 per annum|
The client is looking for a senior software engineer to join our High Integrity Software team.
The team develops software for safety related and critical applications in the Aerospace, Defence, Rail, Automotive and Energy sectors, often related to critical national infrastructure. Our industry award winning projects make step changes in operational efficiency and safety in their domain and are highly respected by customers. You will join a diverse team of excellent and experienced engineers who are committed to ensuring projects meet our customers’ high expectations.
Role & Responsibilities
You will take on lead roles in the development of thier safety critical software. This may be setting direction for a customer in a small, high value consultancy job or assuming a lead role development or test role in one of the large software development projects.
Depending on your particular area of strength your responsibilities might include:
- Shaping technical strategy on bids and projects basing your approach on our standard life-cycle model, extensive quality management system and development toolset and techniques.
- Taking lead consultancy roles to shape how our customers approach their software challenges.
- Taking a lead in the generation of software requirements, architecture and design
- Taking a lead in the development of software and systems
- Taking a lead in the testing of software and systems
- Working with the safety team to provide evidence against the relevant standards
- Line managing and/or mentoring junior staff and support their competency growth.
- Being an advocate for our correctness-by-construction approach both internally within our business and externally with our clients
- Work with our market sales teams to support bidding for new projects
Skills & Experiences
- Strong knowledge of the whole safety critical software development life-cycle.
- Extended expertise in either requirements, development or test.
- Experience in at least one of the following markets: aerospace, transport, defence, rail, automotive.
- Experience of applying relevant standards such as 61508, 50128, 26262, 00-55, ED-109, DO-178 etc.
- Track record of the technical leadership of high value software development projects.
- Experience in leading people, building careers and capability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with others
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative
- Organised, good time management and prioritisation
- Methodical approach to work, with good attention to details and strong logic and reasoning skills
- Degree qualified in software engineering or related/relevant subject.
- Chartered Engineer and member of the IEEE or BCS.
- Knowledge and experience in static analysis techniques
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar, please contact our Managing Consultant Nick Stovold directly at email@example.com or call them for a confidential discussion on 01275 371981.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org