Safety Engineer (25 October 2021) Qatar
- Projects Engineering documents are reviewed efficiently, in time.
- Projects tasks/studies are well managed with a placement in dues times of proposed deviations.
- All the technical interfaces with the design team are correctly managed,
- Phase 3 pre-FEED and FEED meet the organization’s safety regulations, reach the quality conformance and are performed within schedule,
- Project safety concepts are robust and secure the detail engineering phases, the next project phases and finally the operation phases.
- Engineering dossier (pre-FEED, then FEED) is delivered with a robust safety concept aligned with clear bases of design, a consolidated project scope, a clear project state of requirement
- Communication is efficient with all engineering and functional team members,
- Optimizations and design selections considers properly HSE impacts
- Internal and external technical reviews (Project reviews, etc.) are done and completed.
- Design of the projects is optimized to obtain a fit for purpose unit: safe for construction, operation, maintenance
- Promote & comply in all activities with applicable safety instructions and other HSE procedures,
- Carry out work in compliance with company values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, and good industry practices,
- Follow-up of engineering development activities progress related to safety engineering systems by the contractors, the LLI and packages vendors (as applicable) for the Major Projects. The scope of activities will both concern green field (new development) as well as brownfield activities (integration on existing platforms). The activities include the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentation to ensure compliance with design dossier, safety concept, specifications, Corporate standard and HSE regulation, international codes and classification society rules (when applicable),
- Supervise the engineering contractors in charge of carrying out the pre FEED, FEED, including (but not limited to) HAZID, HAZOP, SIL determination, any safety studies, model layout development, safety engineering documentation development, etc.. in compliance with project specifications and procedures, standards, discipline requirements and international codes, with respect of cost, schedule and required level of quality and safety applicable to the projects,
- Supervise and promote cost-saving and weight saving solutions in the design, promote design alternatives to optimise schedule, ensure that the design is standardized across the various wellhead platforms,
- Check the technical quality of the engineering documents prepared by the Contractor(s) and his subcontractor(s) & vendors, provide comments in due time and approve via EDMS (PRODOM) the documentation promptly, in accordance with contract procedures and requirements,
- Check the incorporation of comments by the Contractor(s) and his subcontractors / vendors in subsequent submissions
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Qualification: Bachelor degree in safety system engineering, preferably Loss Prevention,
- Experience: 10 – 15 year experience in safety engineering field in Oil and Gas activities,
- Offshore experience is required
- Good knowledge of industry codes, standards and legislations on SSHE aspect,
- Available for world-wide missions,
- Language: fluent English,
- Computer literate,
- Strong leader-ship skills and good communication skills
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment