Staff Accountant (STAFF17314) Knoxville, Tennessee
|Salary:||USD60000 - USD65000 per year + Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO|
Do you want to be a part of something BIG? Do you have a passion for people? Come work with one of the largest substitute staffing companies in the United States! We support over 900 school districts in 37 states and service over 2.5 million students every day, helping mold them into tomorrow’s teachers, doctors, lawyers, and leaders. As a Staff Accountant in our billion-dollar education staffing company, you will have the chance to join a team dedicated to shaping the future of education. In this dynamic and fast-paced environment, your expertise will be the cornerstone of our financial stability and growth.
At ESS our motto is, “Every day counts!” We take opportunities every day to grow and better our company as well as our employees.
- 8:30am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- *May work remotely one day a week after 90 days of in-office training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review and report cash deposits and disbursements daily, resolving discrepancies if needed.
- Identify and research variances to forecast and budget and compare to prior-year expenses to identify areas for improvement.
- Work in collaboration with the financial analyst team related to productivity, demand planning, reporting, and metrics.
- Create financial modeling, scenario analysis, and sensitivity studies.
- Assist in month-end close processes.
- Complete additional projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an accounting/finance related major.
- Three years of previous accounting experience.
- Minimum of one year of experience in month-end close processes under strict deadlines.
- Expert in Microsoft excel, such as creating pivot tables and macro sheets.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Can work well independently and in a team environment.
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and more!)
- Vacation time
- Nine paid holidays
- Sick time
- Volunteer time
- Mental Health Day
- Annual discretionary bonus eligibility