Network Engineer (920688EK) Irland
Our client is the largest global manufacturer of multi-directional forklifts and Straddle Carriers. They
are an acknowledged leader in long load handling solutions and offer a free warehouse and site
optimation design service. More than 50,000 units have been sold in over 85 countries since our
clients was established in 1998.
As the Network Engineer, you are responsible for our client overall network and security systems
which includes installation, troubleshooting and configuration of LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet
systems, and Network segments. This role will have a strong focus on Cybersecurity.
The desired candidate should have more than 7 years of IT work experience with at least 3 years’
experience in IT security and networking, including knowledge of GDPR, technical audits, analysis
- Network design, configuration and installation of hardware and software as well as monitoring,
evaluating and modifying the performance of the network.
- Analyse, isolate and reporting of issues.
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with
- Maintain network services/systems such as VPN gateways, IDS/IPS systems.
- Administration of Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Proxys, patching and software deployment.
- Designs, maintains and implements a wide range of security controls.
- Plan and anticipate against any threats that could arise.
- Provide guidance on project and technical consulting in the security field.
- Supports security efforts in enterprise infrastructure and software design and reviews.
- Participates in response, investigation and resolution of security incidents.
- Hardens and certifies systems for deployment.
- Conducts application and network penetration testing and documents results and remediation
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years IT work experience and at least 3 years in IT Security and Networking.
- Sound knowledge of GDPR.
- Certification in any of the following is desirable but not essential: CISP, CISM, GCIH, GPEN, CEH.
- Experience with network access controls, encryption/decryption of electronic transmissions,
network segmentation (VLAN’s etc.) and authentication/authorization.
- Experience with security policies, best practices and procedures.
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and judgment or decision-making
The ideal candidate needs to have experience and sound knowledge on:
- Routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP(MPLS)).
- Tunnelling protocols (IPSEC, GRE, and L2VPN/L3VPN).
- Firewalls (Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco).
- Load balancing technologies (preferably F5).
- TCP/IP, VLAN, HSRP, LACP, SNMP, DHCP, Wireshark, TCPdump, scripting tools, Netflow, PRTG,
SolarWinds or other relevant monitoring systems.
- Windows Servers.
- Strong level of English – written and spoken
Reference No.: 920688EK
Role: Network Engineer
Location: County, Monaghan Ireland
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the
link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities
directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Feel free to contact us for further information: 01 901 0332
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually
extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK
and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job
evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd
Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.