Data Business Analyst (J200167042) St Leonards, Sydney, Australia
|Salary:||AUD400 - AUD520 per day|
About the Company:
Our client is a part of a health organisation established to lessen the impact of cancer across the state.
About the role:
The position will work with key stakeholders in the Screening and Prevention Division to understand and document relevant requirements for data warehouse and new information system project initiatives. The role requires strong negotiation, business analysis, analytical and documentation skills in order to translate business needs into functional requirements for the multiple projects that aid in the improvement of cancer outcomes in NSW.
- Evoke out business and technical requirements and maintain documentation received from internal and external stakeholders, including integration of cancer screening and prevention datasets within the Institute-wide data warehouse using a consistent corporate approach.
- Provide timely, expert technical advice to the Health Information Systems Support team through the requirements definition and business process to ensure new project initiatives can be delivered with the expected outcomes.
- Provide expertise and advice in defining, validating and delivering business requirements for additions or modifications to the Institute-wide data warehouse.
- Participate in and provide expertise for relevant working groups to ensure adequate information is provided; technical documentations are comprehensive and reflective of the requirements from the working groups.
- Liaising with the Centre for Health Record Linkage to coordinate data linkage projects and processes.
- Manage and develop stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Provide business and technical knowledge, expertise and training to the user community to assist them get the best benefit from supported applications
- Provide expert advice to Team Leader, Data Governance and Management on data management related matters.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Tertiary qualifications in health information management, business, computer science, information technology or related discipline or demonstrated equivalent professional experience and training
- Strong experience in working with large scale datasets in complex health environment
- 3-5 minimum in a similar role
- Experience in developing and managing relationship with wide range of stakeholders
- Experience with SQL Server and data warehouse
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with demonstrated experience engaging, collaborating and influencing key stakeholders to achieve optimal business outcomes
- Well developed organising, analytical thinking and problem solving, skills, the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and independently with minimal supervision
- Understanding of and commitment to comply with relevant confidentiality and privacy guidelines
- Highly likely for contract to be extended
- Work from home. When you go back to the office it’s in a great location near public transport- St Leonards, in a brand new modern building
- Work from a collaborative team that makes a difference
If you hold the above skills and experience, please apply today. This role will close on Friday 19th February. Please note; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.