Sr. Smalltalk Developer (BBBH19103) Los Angeles, California
Our customer is seeking a Sr. Smalltalk Developer.
- Sr. Smalltalk Developer will provide technical expertise, in analysis, design, and development of business applications
- Sr. Smalltalk Developer will provide technical consulting support on projects or system issues
- Sr. Smalltalk Developer will lead small projects or regularly coach other personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that compiles with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices
- Participate with other IT members, customers, and other stakeholders in new product reviews, tests, and pilots
- Collect and analyze business requirements for projects
- Perform feasibility studies, and translate requirements into an appropriate design
- Identify conflicting business practices and integration issues and suggest alternative solutions
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating and identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
- Strong development experience working with Instantiations VA Smalltalk
- 5+ years of experience working with either IBM VisualAge Smalltalk or Instantiations VA Smalltalk projects
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training, is required
- Senior level experience in business application design, development, installation, and modification in an online environment
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies in mainframe, midrange, and PC computing environments desirable, but in-depth experience in one or more is critical
- Experience in the industry or in a production/service environment similar to that of the employer is preferred
- Knowledge of project management techniques is required (cross-functional experience is highly desirable)
- Experience with structured design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple large-scale activities as well as the ability to work within tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills with the ability to identify and address long-term resource and schedule issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical matters in business terms
**NOTE** - Pay based on experience.
About SkillStorm: SkillStorm is the nation’s fastest-growing I.T. Services company. We have been providing technology consulting, outsourcing and staffing solutions since 2002. SkillStorm can provide you with the right tools to ensure you have the best technology team in place to fuel your organization’s continued success. SkillStorm works with scores of fine companies, including many that rank among the elite Fortune 500 and has been setting the standard for customer service in the industry since inception.
For more information, please visit us at www.skillstorm.com.