Project Control Head (JO014002) Qatar
Our Client the world's largest liquefied natural gas company is urgently looking for a “PROJECT CONTROL HEAD”.
Terms and Conditions:
Location : Qatar Onshore
Project : NFE Project Onshore
Contract Duration: 12 months
Working Schedule: 6 days/week, 10 hours/day, 26 days/month
Leave Ticket: Provided
Visa + Mob +Demob: Provided
Living Allowance: Provided
Medical Insurance: Provided
- Provides technical expertise and guidance during construction of civil and structural systems to ensure that quality facilities are delivered to the Operations customer
- Provides field surveillance of buildings, civil and structural fabrication and construction work
- Monitors civil and structural buildings construction schedule and progress
Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for ensuring that proper and effective project control measures are executed by the EPC Contractor with particular emphasis on schedule planning and progress monitoring.
- Provides supervision and guidance to the Cost, Planning and Schedule Engineers.
- Responsible for monitoring the EPC Contractor and overall project cost and schedule performance.
- Provides project cost, schedule, progress measurement and change management expertise to Project Team.
- Coordinates the collecting, consolidating, analyzing and reporting of all Project cost, schedule, progress measurement and control, trends to ensure overall project status is assessed and potential problem areas are identified.
- Reviews project changes to evaluate any schedule and/or cost impact; responsible for incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall cost and schedule stewardship and reporting.
- Leads the monitoring and appraising performance of the EPC Contractor in the areas of cost control, progress measurement and schedule control.
- Leads the review and evaluation of EPC Contractor’s plans and procedures for project controls, progress, scheduling, and cost control and modifies as necessary to meet the project’s objectives.
- Reviews and, where appropriate, endorses schedule, progress and control budgets and forecast prepared by the EPC Contractor.
- Leads the analysis of cost, schedule and progress trends developed by the EPC Contractor.
- Leads reviews and endorses claimed progress reported by the EPC Contractor.
- Leads reviews and interrogates cost and schedule basis of EPC Contractor's change requests/proposals - reviews and endorses change orders.
- Assists Project Leadership Team in developing/reviewing cost and schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Leads ongoing project cost and schedule analysis, reporting, forecasting, and change management.
- Analyzes cost and schedule trends, reviews cost and schedule forecasts prepared by Cost Engineer Advisor.
- Leads the reviews and monitors cost and schedule implications of changes. Provides timely advice on cost and schedule impact of changes, modifications or alternatives and maintains project trend and change order log.
- Coordinates preparation of weekly and monthly reports. Performs review and consistency checks of weekly and monthly reports prior to issuance to Business Manager
- Rolls-up cost and schedule information and prepares input for Venture project monthly reports and weekly reports.
- Prepares input of monthly cost control reports vs. control budget including cost forecast, expenditures and commitments.
- Prepares monthly estimates of Work-In-Place (WIP) for Owner and 3rd-party costs.
- Responds to ad hoc requests from PMT related to Controls/Reporting.
- Assist PMT in meeting RGEE expectation as required, especially RGEE Element 4 (Information & Documents) and 7 (Management of Change).
- Promotes inter-departmental communications and encourages teamwork. Establishes clear communications between the PMTs and Contractor.
- Backfills for the NFE Onshore Business Manager.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of:
- Project controls principles, theories, concepts and tools.
- ExxonMobil practices, processes, and expectations with respect to project controls.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Business Administration with relevant experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and Team skills.
- Minimum of fifteen (15+) years of experience in the area of cost estimating, scheduling and project controls.
- Minimum five (10) years’ experience associated with engineering, procurement and construction for Onshore Facilities.
- Experience in Project Controls with relevant contract (Lump Sum, Unit Rate, Reimbursable).
- Participates in gathering and recording Lessons Learned for the project.
Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Business Administration with relevant experience.