Senior Mechanical Engineer - Turbine Island (JO16062022) Bristol, England
|Salary:||GBP1 - GBP2 per annum|
Reporting to the Turbine Island Lead, the Senior Mechanical Engineer shall be responsible for the Turbine Island’s Systems engineering design development activities. The Senior Mechanical Engineer shall work closely with multidisciplined teams in supporting the development of the Turbine Island design deliverables that forms part of a Small Modular Reactor major development programme.
- Responsible for preparing the Engineering task deliverables and managing their scope, quality, safety and risk management deliverables in-line with the programme and engineering schedule.
- Development of Functional and Design Requirements
- Development of Equipment Lists and engineering schedules
- Develop requirement specifications and engineering designs using agreed engineering CAD, FEA and Modelling tools
- Act as technical support and point of contact for other project and interface activities
- Collaborate with the project partners and design development activities and interfaces, and support design reviews across multidisciplined teams
- Provide support input on for HAZID/HAZOP reviews, optioneering studies, design risk assessment and FMECA reviews.
- Liaise with the project safety team on nuclear safety licensing, environmental and planning /permitting interface activities that are relevant to the Turbine Island scope.
- Ensure adherence to the company statutory H&S Policies and rules and compliance with the project and Quality Management System