Mechanical Engineer NSSS (JO06052022a) Bridgwater, England
|Salary:||GBP1 - GBP2 per annum|
The Joint Design Oﬃce (JDO) has been created to reinforce the project's site-based engineering to quickly respond to engineering queries and problems coming from site construction, to deliver the schedule and to deliver an increased scope of work. A primary beneﬁt of this organisation is to save time for construction on site by having reactive answers and solutions to pursue their activities.
Reporting to the Mechanical & Electrical Discipline Lead within the Review & Acceptance Branch of the JDO, the post-holder will be a Mechanical Engineer, contributing to the review and acceptance of engineering queries raised by the site Contractor on the Nuclear Steam Supply System (NSSS) scope within the Reactor Building mainly.
The role will be focused on the mechanical discipline, but will be interfaced with other disciplines and with several parties, such the site Contractors (composed of main suppliers and sub-suppliers), Construction teams, Quality teams, Project Management teams, or Design teams (embedded within the JDO organisation on site, or in back office).
- Responding to General Queries, Non-Conformances, Change Request, and Exemption Requests originating from the NSSS Contractor on site, with the support of the Responsible Designer or site Experts when needed.
- Provide adequate oversight to ensure the Nuclear Safety requirements are met.
- Contribute in the resolution and closure of Open Points.
- Assesses technical risk and subsequently addresses this risk.
- Report operationally to an Engineering Lead.