Senior Process Engineer - Turbine Island (JO04082022) Derby, England
|Salary:||GBP1 - GBP2 per annum|
Reporting to the Turbine Island Lead, the Senior Process Engineer shall be responsible for the Turbine Island’s Systems engineering design development activities. The Senior Process Engineer shall work closely with multidisciplined teams in supporting the development of the Turbine Island design deliverables that forms part of a Small Modular Reactor major development programme.
- Responsible for preparing the process engineering task deliverables, and managing their scope, quality, safety and risk management deliverables in-line with the programme and engineering schedule.
- Development of heat and material balances, process simulations, Process flow diagrams and P&ID’s
- Sizing and specification of process requirements for major process equipment, utility equipment and equipment packages that are interfacing or within the Turbine Island, and other Island system interfaces.
- Develop functional requirements and process specifications for engineering designs using agreed engineering CAE/MEP software’s, and process modelling tools.
- Identify and agree deliverables and activities in-line with the process design development activities stipulated in the programme and engineering schedule.
- Act as process technical support and point of contact for other project and interface activities as required, and ensure review of process outputs and integration, and the presentation/communication of results with the project engineering leadership.
- Provide input to multidisciplinary reviews, risk reviews, HAZID/HAZOP reviews and process safety assessments. Undertake optioneering studies design risk assessment and FMECA reviews and ensure liaison with key stakeholders relevant to the Turbine Island Scope.
- Support development of the equipment Lists and engineering schedules
- Liaise with the project safety team on nuclear safety pre- licensing, environmental and planning /permitting interface activities that are relevant to the Turbine Island scope.
- Ensure adherence to the company statutory H&S Policies and rules and compliance with the project and Quality Management System
- 10 years’ experience preferably in the nuclear or highly regulated industry such as oil and gas, process and the power sector. Experience and background in power plant design, turbine building and turbine balance of plant process equipment.
- Extensive discipline knowledge of process systems, chemicals, effluent, waste and gaseous exchanges and stored solids, and their delivery to facilitate value realisation of engineering design systems and plant considering the process design and construction, commissioning and operation and decommissioning.
- Experience in the production of process deliverables including flowsheets, process equipment schedule, instrument process data sheet, Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Basis of Design (BoD)/Functional Specifications, process data sheet, calculation notes/sizing calculations (process vessels/tanks/pipes).
- Good experience in similar roles with specific emphasis on FEED through to detailed design and EPC.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external stake holders, and ability to identify and manage the critical interfaces on major projects.
- Good knowledge of UK Health and safety regulations, safety systems, HAZOP and engineering substantiation and technical standards
- Appreciation of PSSR and applicable ASME, European and UK codes and standards