Scrum Master (8319) Glasgow, Scotland
We are looking for Scrum Master to join a tier 1 investment bank for a 12-month contract (PAYE) Glasgow based. Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
Scrum Master the Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Engineering group in the Core Infrastructure division at Morgan Stanley is responsible for designing, implementing and managing the firm?s huge scale global physical and virtual server infrastructure. The group is involved in evaluation, certification, integration, and maintenance of numerous products, including hardware, hypervisor, the Linux O/S, system configuration, critical infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.), load-balancing capabilities, high availability products and virtualization management technologies. There is a large software development and integration aspect to most of our work, as we enable our customers to practice DevOps techniques by provisioning and managing infrastructure as code
We are seeking a Scrum Master to join our organisation in Glasgow, co-located with two squads in the early stages of Agile adoption.
- You will be responsible for improving value-add, flow rate, quality standards, predictability and continuous improvement of your teams, as well as participating in the firm’s rapidly expanding horizontal Agile practice spanning numerous technology areas.
- You will use Agile methodology values, principles and practices to plan, manage, and deliver solutions. Facilitate and coordinate agile ceremonies, and manage workflow through JiraCreate and deliver a reporting framework for team members and management
- Train and mentor squad members in Agile techniques
- Work with product owners to handle roadmaps, backlogs and new requests
- Monitor progress and performance and help teams institute effective change
- Help build a productive environment where team members own and enjoy working on their products
- Experience in a scrum master or service delivery manager role
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum and Kanban techniques, ceremonies and artifacts
- Familiarity with software development teams/projects
- Strong analytical and problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with virtual teams (squads are predominantly Glasgow-based but have members in other locations in EMEA too)
- Educational background in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Past experience as a software engineer
- Formal Agile certifications