Perl developer (8370) City of London, England
We are looking for Perl Developer to join a tier 1 investment bank for 12 month contract (PAYE) London based. Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
We are looking for a talented Perl developer with good experience developing a multi-tier web application including back-end enterprise software and infrastructure management tools. The project involves maintaining and enhancing the tool set used to request new technology assets.
Maintain the existing perl codebase
Troubleshoot issues impacting the PROD environment (note: this tool is used 8x5 globally, no weekend work expected)
Work with our internal customers to gather and refine requirements for changes
Enhance workflows, APIs and reporting components
The individual should have:
- strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a globally distributed team environment.
- Due to the global nature of our team, the candidate will be required from time to time to work collaborate with colleagues located in US, Europe and occasionally Asia.
- Strong experience developing with OO Perl
- Strong experience working with RDBMS/SQL
- Designing and building HTTP service applications and clients
- Problem solving skills, and an eye for solving performance issues
- Working knowledge of Python
- Thorough knowledge of web database applications
- General understanding of linux & apache
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP protocols