Desktop Engineer (8355) London, England
We are looking for Desktop Engineer to join a tier 1 investment bank for a 12-month contract (PAYE) based in London. Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
The job role is for a desktop engineer with 1-2 years experience. Someone who demonstrates high levels of customer care and behavior at all times. Has proven technical ability in supporting hardware and software within a comparable Sales and Trading environment under SLA conditions. Reporting to the WSS S&T Service Manager with the day to day management of workload being managed by WSS S&T BUSS Team.
- Effectively use and manage Service Now or other call management system to handle and update calls
- Demonstrate high levels of customer care behaviors at all times and adopt an approach that shows consistent commitment to providing a customer focused quality service
- Work across lines of service to ensure a coordinated approach to providing support for the customer.
- Cooperate with other teams within our group and 3rd parties to ensure all services are delivered within service level targets and according to best practice.
- Actively build and develop excellent working relationships with all members of the team to ensure a professional approach to day to day activities.
- Support colleagues by sharing knowledge and assisting them in the successful delivery of common objectives
- Identify ways of improving productivity and lowering costs which provides enhanced service value for accounts and business areas.
- Actively participate in a program of Continuous Service Improvement taking ownership of actions that deliver results.
- Build all desktops and workstations to ensure stock levels are adequate to meet demand.
- Installation and configuration of PCs, graphics cards, hard disks, memory, mice, keyboards, screens, printers and other components
- Screen, prioritize and undertake site based related incident resolution and change activity in accordance with defined processes, procedures and local work instructions.
- Maintain a tidy working environment
- Offer problem solving solutions
- Understand and adhere to Morgan Stanley Technology assets management policies and procedures through whole asset lifecycle
- Knowledge of trade floor desks including multi-screen configurations
- iPhone support experience: Build / deploy using MobileIron MDM; Installation, configuration and training
- Good understanding / knowledge of the importance Trade floor environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer care skills along with an attention to detail
- Current experience supporting Windows OS and bespoke applications within a business environment
- Technical ability supporting and maintaining hardware and peripheral devices; including break-fix
- Proven technical ability in supporting video, audio, communications and IT hardware
- An understanding of ITIL Service Support and Delivery disciplines and methodologies
- Experience using a help desk call management system
- Ability to work in an organised way to tight timescales whilst under pressure
- Awareness of network infrastructure (cabling; configuration and release of IP address; etc.
- Able to upgrade screen software driver, including analogue/digital force fix for graphics cards
- Reliability/Focus/Ownership in seeing tasks through to their completion.
- Proactive thinking and bring ideas to the table with regards to creating more efficient workflow within build room
- Methodical and able to keep up to date reports on stock take inventory and ordering of stock
- A+ qualification or equivalent minimum with a clear understanding of hardware and robust troubleshooting skills including software driver related issues is a plus
Service Hours covered Mondays 6am- 3pmTuesday-Friday: 6:30am-3:30pm2nd shift- Monday-Friday 10am-7pm