Cloud Administrator (Cloud Admin) San Antonio, Texas
Sr. Cloud Administrator
Carries out complex information systems and/or information technology tasks within commercial cloud environments. Implements and troubleshoots cloud-based systems to protect the integrity and availability of infrastructure. Collaborates with cross-functional teams for the deployment and ongoing support of cloud services to both internal stakeholders and clients. Participates in the system and storage design and implements configurations to meet program and customer needs.
- Provides direct support to cloud operational environments on a day-to-day basis including the software installation, configuration, upgrades, security patches and planned maintenance as required
- Installs or coordinates installation of patches and releases on development, test, pre-production systems
- Conducts complex analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools
- Monitors, diagnoses, and resolves complex problems and performs analysis in relation to cloud operations in the cloud environment
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems in an efficient manner with little to no supervision while adhering to proper escalation and change control procedures
- Performs high-level incident response and assures services resolution for cloud systems
- Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies
- Effectively creates and maintains relevant cloud systems documentation and user guides
- Secures Cloud applications and data against theft, loss, or other disasters
- Participates in disaster recovery planning, including assisting with fault tolerance and disaster recovery plans
- Monitors status and performance of backup and/or storage systems and configures monitoring systems
- Effectively manages communication between end users, vendors, and IT departments to solve production, Pre-production, test, and development environment problems quickly
- Interacts with external technology vendors and internal teams to troubleshoot issues and implement solutions
- Apply scripting methodologies to automate IT administrative related tasks
- 7-10 years of experience in working with infrastructures and 4-6 years of experience with vendor cloud platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related field
- Practitioner level cloud certification such as AWS-CCP (AWS) and MTA (MS Azure) and/or Professional Cloud Architect preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience working in and developing solutions in commercial and on-premise private cloud environments
- 1-2 years of experience developing solutions in AWS or Azure cloud
- Clear oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience with ServiceNow
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Practical knowledge of Identity Access Management and Shared Security responsibilities
- Strong cloud architecture principles: compute, storage, networks, and security
- Experience with Authentication integrations
- Infrastructure-as-Code experience: Terraform and CloudFormation
- Hands-on experience with modern computing platforms, e.g., AWS Lambda, Containers
- Skills working in Linux and Windows environments including software scripting in Python and Shell environments
- Cloud computing skills including scripting skills used by service providers including Ansible and Terraform
- Hands-on experience supporting enterprise server, backup and/or storage solutions within the cloud construct
- Broad application of backup and/or storage principles, theories, and concepts within the cloud construct
- Enhanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Troubleshooting knowledge to include the areas of storage, backups, server operating systems and networks
- Extensive knowledge of Service Provider and/or Cloud providers
- Strong cloud command line scripting skills
- Documentation skills to include creating and updating detailed environment design, installation, and support documentation
- Demonstrated ability work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency
- Outstanding communication, project & priority management, and collaboration skills
- Vast knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices
It is the policy of ASM that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these fundamental policies.
All recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are made to abide by the principle of equal employment.
The physical requirements described in “Knowledge, Skills and Abilities” above are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. (For example, “light office duties’ or “lifting up to 50 pounds” or “some travel” required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.