DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST IN WAKEFIELD, MA (359812) Melrose, Massachusetts
|Salary:||USD75 - USD75 per year|
Can you explain complicated technical information to the non-technical end user in a clear and concise manner? If you have strong communication skills, are currently working in an IT support role and like the idea of working independently while supporting 100+ users across multiple business units, we have an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Specialist in the Wakefield, MA office. We are looking for a problem solver who exhibits a can-do attitude, remains calm under pressure and someone who wants to expand their desktop support knowledge base to include some Systems Administration.
You will have autonomy in this role as the sole IT support professional (among a group of IT developers) in this office. This position reports to a Systems Engineer who primarily works out of the Salem, NH office.
The primary focus of the Desktop Support Specialist is to provide desktop support to end users in the Wakefield, MA office as well as several remote employees. You will be the first point of contact for all calls, emails, and on-site requests concerning network, hardware, software issues or other end-user related issues. You will need to take ownership of user issues, provide timely and exceptional customer service for all levels of staff, both on-site and remote users, from C-level to administration, and follow up as needed.
You will also be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. You will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure, as well as ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values; enabling staff, clients, and vendors. Corporate IT will have influence over some of these responsibilities.
- Cross train with the IT Operations Manager on the position: During the first 90 days, work with the IT Operations Manager to learn our systems, procedures and staff. The IT Operations Manager will be working remote, with the possibility of an office visit to train in person. You will also work with other IT staff from Our business units, including Our corporate to train on required tasks.
- Provide support to users and systems: Within the first 6 months, you will provide the primary support for 100+ users in a Windows 10 and Office 365 environment, maintain multiple Windows Server machines, WAN/LAN systems, VolP phone system, and security-related patches, as well as become the point person for any facility-related requests with minimal backup from other IT staff needed.
- Work independently: By the end of 6 months, you will have developed a working relationship with users and IT staff (local, NH and corporate) and will have the ability to solve problems and work independently. You will be the sole in-house IT support person. This position is multifaceted and requires a high level of patience and the ability to maintain composure under stress; you will be working with users at all ability levels and balancing time with other responsibilities.
Experience & Education
- Associate’s degree in computer science or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience required
- Minimum of two years of relevant and progressive professional experience, including work related experience providing desktop support, with physical/ virtual server and storage systems, multi data center environments, and wireless technologies in a corporate environment, strong knowledge of domain user administration, as well as working knowledge of networking systems
- Travel Percentage <10%
- May require a valid passport
If your experience matches these requirements, please email Noel Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
Our Client offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. They are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join their team of professionals.