Stores & Logistics Officer - Tooling (BBBH14591) Hounslow, England
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating worldwide for more than 35 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of service. On behalf of our London based client, a global engine support company, we are currently recruiting a Stores & Logistics Officer - Tooling
You should be an experienced Stores & Logistics professional with a minimum of 3 years hands on experience with tooling gained within an aviation environment.
To be successful in your application you will need to hold UK working rights at the time of application.
Job Title: Stores & Logistics Officer - Tooling
Location: West London, close to LHR
Contract Type: Permanent, Fulltime
Scope of Role
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a world-renowned company specialising in aircraft engine maintenance. This opportunity will require the successful candidate to be responsible for building and maintaining good customer relationships together with administration of customer accounts/ensuring that customer contract commitments and service levels are met.
•Manage, coordinate, and optimize daily tooling loan return, delivery and dispatch operations amongst the various on-site and off-site facilities and aircraft bays within the stores and logistics network.
• Manage tooling serviceability, maintenance, inspection, calibration, repair, upgrade, modification, kitting and tooling dispensing to operational requirements.
• Support tool loan process from customer requests, emails, phone calls, physical inspection, photo-taking, dispatch note (DN)/ commercial invoice (CI) preparation, support import/ export customs clearance with our vendors, physical tool packaging and movement.
• Supporting tooling servicing IAW OEM maintenance program.
• Support a team/ external vendor to manage the Delivery, Dispatch and Shipping operations for tooling.
• Motivate and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
• Reduce the cost of ownership on tooling management
• Manage and coordinate operations of a fleet of delivery vehicles and delivery service providers.
• Jointly lead the selection of freight forwarders and delivery service providers, and monitor their performance to assure that business requirements are met.
• Develop and implement processes and procedures to assure compliance to regulatory requirements, international shipping & customs regulations, and company / customer procedures.
Technical Experience Required
- Worked in an engine or aircraft maintenance organisation in an engineering role
- Worked in an engine or aircraft maintenance organisation in Stores & Logistics/
- Tooling Management role
• Recognized diploma in Engineering/ Logistics or related disciplines. A diploma in other disciplines but with equivalent related work experience may be considered.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Engineering/ store and logistics role
• Knowledge of or experience in aviation industry / Engine Maintenance Organization is preferable
• Computer and MS office capable to a high level
• Excellent command of English language both written and spoken, ability to communicate in Chinese, Dutch, Spanish an advantage
• Knowledge, or willingness and ability to learn, of the Global Engine Support business ranging from the internal capabilities to the larger external market
• Ability to manage internal customers and external vendors
• Familiarisation with Envision and AMOS for tooling inventory control is preferable.
• Possess folk lifting, tug driving, and crane operation approvals/experience is preferable
To apply please send your latest CV for evaluation.
This is a UK based opportunity, to be successful in your application you must already have the rights to live and work in the UK, sponsorship is not available.
Due to the number of applications that we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.