Specialist Electrical Technician (BBBH13418) Stevenage, England
|Salary:||GBP28 - GBP30.75 per hour|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit several Specialist Electrical Technicians
an initial12-month contract. As the Specialist Electrical Technician, you will be working for a fantastic Aerospace client and perform electrical integration activities.
Role: Specialist Electrical Technician
Pay: £30.75 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 Hours per week, 12Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: SC Cleared
· Highly competent at wiring activities, manufacture and integration of flight harness and test harness (crimping, soldering, looming, routing and repairs)
· Quality control inspections
· Excellent engineering hand skills
· Use of basic hand tools (torque tools, screwdrivers, spanners, measurement tools and etc.).
· Test instrumentation integration (thermocouples, heater circuits and accelerometers)
· Prepare, apply, handle and dispose of chemical and hazardous substances in accordance with COSHH requirements
· Ensuring workspace is kept clean and tidy in accordance with 5S policy
· Following tool control procedures
· Active participation in Continuous Improvement activities
· Ensuring correct completion of build paperwork for all activities you have performed
· Interpreting technical documentation (schematic drawings, wiring diagrams, 2D and 3D General Assembly Drawings, technical notes and integration procedures)
· 3D model navigation
· Support movement and lifting operations using overhead crane and other MGSE (Mechanical Ground Support Equipment).
- ESA, aerospace or other high quality wiring experience (flight and test harness manufacture, check out and installation)
- Harness securing methods
- Handling and use of chemicals and hazardous substances
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Inspection of critical electronic/electrical/electro-mechanical hardware
- Previous experience of space/aerospace inspection and test activities
- Installation and removal coaxial cables / DC harnesses
· Detailed assembly and integration (equipment and processes similar to, or to the standard required for aerospace industry).
- High level of engineering hand skills
- Strong, demonstrable experience of using hand tools
- Consistent experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of working in a cleanroom environment
- Experience carrying out structural activities
- MLI (Multi-Layered Insulation) blanket installation and tailoring experience
- Knowledge on RF systems
- Must be able to work at height and in a restricted space
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”