Senior Antenna Design Engineer - RF (BBBH15030) Oxfordshire, England
I am looking for a Senior Antenna Design Engineer – RF to join my fantastic client on a permanent basis. As the Senior Antenna Design Engineer - RF, you will develop deployable RF antenna products to meet the requirements of the customers. The Antenna products will cover a wide range of applications including Synthetic Aperture Radar, SIGINT, secure sat comms, IoT and data relay.
Role: Senior Antenna Design Engineer - RF
SC Clearance: Current SC or DV in place or able to achieve.
- Provides expertise to the Business Development team in preparing technical proposals for customers, giving insight from experience gained whilst working on defence and security projects.
- Responsible for full life cycle of RF deployable antenna engineering work on multiple OSS projects from the design and analysis through to test and delivery of Reflector, Filar and Patch Array Antennas including feed and Balun, / impedance matching network to meet customer’s requirements
- Negotiate and interpret technical issues, requirements, design solutions and trade-offs with customers, building good relationships so that stakeholders trust expertise and advice given.
- Work closely with mechanical design teams to achieve optimum RF performance for a given stowage volume and spacecraft mission specification
- Generation of documentation for design definition, analysis, manufacturing, assembly, integration, and test
- Provision of technical support to manufacture and assemble using detailed procedures through interaction with MAIT team
- Responsible for organising and attending RF testing and verification activities and writing test reports
- To complete any other tasks as commensurate with the level and nature of the post as delegated by the (line manager).
- Upper second or higher Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Physics, Electronics/Electrical Engineering related subject
- Understanding of the defence and military domain e.g. how decisions are made and what types of mission are important.
- Excellent RF and Antenna design theory including related topics such as PIM and Multipactor effects
- Good working knowledge and demonstrable experience of using RF software packages; CST Microwave, HFSS and GRASP, for example
- Good working knowledge and demonstrable experience of using RF test equipment, such as vector network analysers
- Excellent creative ability to generate robust design solutions interpreting and incorporating the customer’s technical requirements, with the ability to refine and to critique own design
- Good experience of managing technical, packaging and commercial trade-offs at an antenna and spacecraft level
- Good understanding of the mechanical and thermal properties of engineering materials and their practical implementation
- Good analytical skills, with a pragmatic and logical approach to problem solving – able to find simple solutions to complex problems
- A good relationship builder and communicator, who can effectively convey RF ideas and solutions to people who have limited knowledge of RF
- Learns quickly and very comfortable working with and adapting to new RF concepts
- Excellent planning and organising with the ability to deliver to project deadlines
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”