CFD Process Engineer (CFDP) City of London, England
A worldwide consultancy that develops innovative and cutting edge solutions for the upstream oil and gas industry is currently looking for a Process Engineer with experience in Computational Fluid Dynamics. (Permanent role)
• Working in the CFD team dovetails with our other Process Specialists as well as our Safety and Subsea groups - most of whom are world-class specialists in their respective fields.
• Typically our projects are Field Development Studies and naturally the CFD team are involved in mostly Simulations and Modeling work.
• Perform various CFD simulations as part of a project team. This entails: running of proprietary software or in-house developed software, performing engineering calculations, production of technical notes for reporting of study results, presentation of findings to clients and other disciplines.
• Participate in the development of the CFD capability in the London office.
• Contribute to other modeling studies, such as dynamic simulations, flow assurance, as required.
• Be responsible for the content, quality, delivery and innovation of the work undertaken.
The job holder must have:
• Good Chemical Engineering degree essential (2.1 hons or better) and MEng is preferred.
• At least 2 years previous CFD experience is required as an entry level - the actual packages/software used is not critical.
• Good computer literacy.
• Phd in CFD.
• Exposure to other simulation modelling tools (HYSYS, OLGA…).
The job holder must demonstrates the following technical competencies:
• Oil and Gas industry background
• Knowledge of thermodynamic fluid properties & phase behaviour
• Knowledge of designing of oil and gas processing facilities
• Knowledge of designing utilities and support systems
• Modelling and analysis of steady state for process plant
• Ability to assess key uncertainties impacting production system development
• Ability to prepare production systems design basis and specification
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, please apply via this advert to Maria Voitsidi at Air Energi.
With over 30 years' experience, Air Energi is the premier supplier of trusted expertise to the oil and gas industry. Through our company values: Safe, knowledgeable, innovative, passionate, inclusive and pragmatic, WE DELIVER, each and every time.