Platform Engineer (BBBH30211) Sandy Springs, Georgia
- Our Client is seeking a Platform Engineer to assist with new platform design and implementation.
- They are looking for a smart, committed and enthusiastic talent that wants to build cutting-edge solutions.
- Be their new Platform Engineer in a DevOps scrum team producing the next generation of products for the Company - a strong platform engineer that values collaborating closely with business partners to deliver the best or nothing.
- In the DevOps team, you will be a part of and work closely with multiple programs and enterprise architects to deliver seamless customer-centric experiences.
- As a team, you and your colleagues are overall responsible for the application, including aspects of development, rollout and operations.
- In your role as the Platform Engineer, you are the expert for operations and stability within the team. You will develop and deploy solutions and serve as a consultant for other employees.
- Be an active part of the DevOps team in scrum events such as Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective
- Review & develop cloud-based and on-premise solution architectures that integrate into standard technologies such as OIDC, Apigee, and DevOps toolsets implemented across the organization
- Record IT requirements (functional and non-functional requirements), designing/documenting solutions, and establishing processes for business enabling, business-critical and mission-critical (high availability) systems
- Responsible for other aspects of the product like security, development, and delivery
- Actively involved in design, deployment, test and verification, rollout and operations of the platform
- Ensure that the team operates within the relevant Company infrastructure and operations policies
- Be an expert and point of contact for all concerns regarding infrastructure, operations and availability
- Responsible for the infrastructure architecture development, including architecture and development of all monitoring, logging and alerting tools
- Create processes and fully automated tools, scripts and dashboards
- Collaborate with Business teams, IT teams (application development teams, infrastructure teams, security, etc.), throughout the lifecycle of applications and services (inception and design, development, deployment, operations and refinement)
- Propose and implement medium to large scale system deployment (cloud platforms)
- Design, build, and optimize applications' containerization and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes
- Automate applications and infrastructure deployments on private and public cloud (Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes)
- Assist in the design and building of a fully automated self-service platform that could work in a AWS, Azure, and a hybrid cloud environment
- Produce automation scripts to integrate between services and increase efficiency
- Developing proof of concepts and proposing solutions to architecture and tech leads.
- B.S. or M.S. in Technical Discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent experience
Must have 3+ years (total) of experience in the following:
- Experience with containerization tools and processes (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in automation of code deployment through the use of containers.
- Experience with developing and deploying on cloud platforms (AWS and Azure)
- Experience with Linux Systems (RHEL, CentOS)
Must have 1+ years (total) of experience in the following:
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or CloudFormation)
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, or Ansible)
- Experience with continuous integration tools and continuous delivery pipeline (e.g. Jenkins, Artifactory, Sonarqube, and Checkmarx)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with the spring framework, java, and/or nodejs
- Ability to automate common and repeatable tasks/processes.
- Experience interacting with APIs to automate processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Experience in working within an agile environment
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems.
- Experience in IT security standards.
- Practical knowledge and experience with ITIL principles and processes.
- Experience with IT security and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management and peers.
- You love coding and solving complex problems
- You are open-minded towards new challenges
- You have experience with the implementation of Infrastructure-as-Code concepts
- You have experience in network/infrastructure design and implementation (optional)
- You have experience in designing and developing IoT Solutions (optional)
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Michael at 347-522-1095 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 3 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/