Statistician (BBBH28939) Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Our Client, a research-based pharmaceutical company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Statistician with a solid background in nonclinical statistics, strong consulting skills, and an interest in collaborating with research scientists in drug discovery and development.
- He/She will work closely with research scientists seeking to discover new medicines in a variety of therapeutic areas by supporting the design and analysis of preclinical experiments covering all aspects of drug discovery from disease target identification, pharmacology studies, animal model development, biomarker development and demonstration of proof of concept.
- The focus will be on both "platform" approaches (ie ensuring robust assay methods) as well as specific project approaches.
- The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in understanding drug target biology in order to provide effective statistical consultation with biological scientists.
- This is NOT CLINICAL position!
- Collaborate with preclinical scientists across research units (Immunology & Inflammation, Internal Medicine, Rare Disease, CTI) to design, analyze and present experiments.
- Bring innovative statistical thinking and methods to help drive the enhanced quantitative drug discovery and development paradigm within the Company.
- Ensure rigorous approaches are taken to ensure good scientific practices are followed: excellent statistical methods utilized and documented in protocols, analysis plans and manuscripts, and assay methods are appropriately blinded, randomized and designed to meet clear objectives.
- Serve as a core member of scientific teams responsible for determining strategy and delivering results in a timely and high quality manner.
- Work with scientists to understand the biology and improve existing biomarkers, endpoints, derive new endpoints, and develop 'fit-for-purpose' statistical models.
- Use statistical expertise to prepare both internal and external reports, presentations and manuscripts, with the aim to improve the quality of internal decision making and increase our influence on the external environment.
- Where possible, standardize processes and methodologies within and possibly across therapeutic areas may include developing statistical tools to aid scientists in standardize analyses.
- Provide statistical expertise on regulatory submissions and ensure quality of deliverables.
- PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics and at least 3-5 years of pharmaceutical experience or a MS in Statistics/Biostatistics and at least 5-8 years of pharmaceutical experience
- Strong pre-clinical and non-clinical experience is required
- Must have strong technical competence.
- Capability to provide statistical leadership to cross-functional teams.
- Sound understanding of design of experiments, assay development, and statistical applications for preclinical research
- Interest in biology, graduate level training preferred.
- Good knowledge of drug development regulations pertinent to statistical analysis
- Preferred candidates will have good computational skills in SAS, R, or S-Plus.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Michael (646) 688 - 2881 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 12 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
As the staffing industry evolves, Hired by Matrix continues to develop and grow. By combining our expertise with a keen understanding of each client’s needs we are able to source for the most qualified candidates. Our commitment to servicing our clients corresponds with our commitment to finding the perfect match between our clients and candidates and maintaining our relationships long term.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: http://bit.ly/HbMCareers