Sous Chef (MAY-SC) London, England
|Salary:||GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
We’re launching our brand-new Mayfair casino and seeking a Sous Chef to join our team!
Metropolitan Gaming work closely with celebrity chefs such as Marco Pierre White and James Martin, so are you ready to join a forever expanding business and be a part of something big and new?
We offer lucrative employee benefits; some are a taste of what we offer:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension
- Extensive employee HUB offering discounts from travel, retail, hospitality to health and well-being
- Regular training and development
- Employee health and well-being services
- Refer a friend incentive (Paid into your employee hub account)
- 50% off food and drinks in all our UK venues
- Financial advice services
- Holiday accrual with length of service
Our kitchen team is pivotal to our operation; hence your role is crucial to the launch of this exquisite venue. To ensure quality, consistency and beautifully presented dishes are produced for our discerning clientele.
So, are you ready to place your bets on a career with us?
Well keep on reading!
As we are establishing a new kitchen team for our Mayfair casino, this is your opportunity as a “hands-on” chef to assist our head chef to create the dream team and environment you are renowned for.
Within this role you must have previous experience working in a kitchen environment as a sous chef.
Having a strong attention to detail and clear leadership skills, these are both essential to the role. Other factors such as understanding kitchen processes such as inventory, compliance, food health and safety/hygiene standards and audit points are pivotal to the role.
A total understanding COSHH, HACCP, Natasha’s Law and the future legal requirements behind allergen and calories within menu writing.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Must be confident and be able to manage teams and communicate well with the wider management team.
- Must maintain a high level of cooking standards.
- Must be able to demonstrate skills and be fully conversant with company procedures, health and safety and food safety whilst maintaining high audit scores.
- Must be highly organised.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of best cooking practices.
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards.
- Able to oversee kitchen inventory.
- Effectively coach team members and assist their individual development.
Please note: you must be 18 or over and have the right to work in the UK.