Wagon Workshop Manager (JO016251) Iraq
The primary objective of the role of the workshop manager is to manage the locomotive and wagon workshop: Coordinate and facilitate preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance and servicing of equipment and machinery. The workshop manager will also implement policies, procedures, work instructions, risk assessments, training, and statistical reporting.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Create and implement health and safety
- Create and implement preventive and corrective maintenance plan.
- Promote apositive safety culture throughout all levels of the business and operations.
- Ensure that risks are identified, eliminated, mitigated,or managed as far as reasonably
- Assist the management and maintenance team to providesufficient resources to meet customer needs and within agreed budget.
- Monitor and report maintenance
- Prior the commencement of operations,participate in pre-acceptance audit to determine “fit to purpose”
- Collect and compile data relating to performance and other KPI’s.
- Participate in accident and incident investigations andensure that appropriate follow up actions are
- Participate in rail safety incident and accident
- Ensure maximum output from the workshop.
- Ensures that all tasks are performed in time and on Budget.
- MechanicalEngineer, Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in Transportation / Logistics, mechanical or relevant engineering field
- Mechanical Diploma/certification.
- Progressive leadership experience
- Project Management
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant transportation management experience in oil industry
- Bulk liquids and package tank wagons experience including hazardous materials
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of contract negotiation skills and experience dealing with third party
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point
- Safety awareness
Technical & Business Skills
- Must be able to function independently, business development competencies.
- Railway system, Chemical plant, oil and gas, logistics and/or manufacturing experience, strongly preferred.
- Tank storage and refinery experience
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability of effectively multi-task and operate in a high temp, flexible environment.