HomeCare Registered Nurse (M3h-HHRN) Fort Dodge, Iowa
I'm currently working with a home health care agency that is rapidly expanding and we are hiring a Home Health Nurse effective immediately.
They work with patients who require daily care in their homes. Most of our patients are elderly and/or terminally ill, so we hire the most compassionate and thoughtful talent in the field. You will be responsible for managing a heavy case load, so time management skills are essential. However, it is important to provide each patient with the time and attention necessary to meet his or her needs. If you enjoy working one-on-one with patients outside of a clinical setting, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assess patients’ condition during every visit and chart your observations
- Perform evaluation tasks, including vital signs and medication review
- Administer medication as prescribed by the patient’s Physician
- Dress or redress open wounds and assess progress of healing
- Educate patients and their families on proper home health care strategies and procedures
- Coordinate with Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Physicians and anyone else involved in the patient’s care plan
- Provide palliative care as needed to keep the patient comfortable
- Make recommendations for devices or tools that might improve the patient’s quality of life
- Listen to the patient and respond to concerns or requests
- State registered nurse license required
- 2+ years’ experience in in-home or palliative care required
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Compassionate and friendly demeanor
- Ability to travel to multiple patients per day
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.