Lead Electrical Engineer (RF181855) France
|Salary:||EUR20 - EUR23 per annum|
The objective of the position is to ensure compliance with established The company and Project specific procedures and engineering design standards during Final Study Phase of the project and the timely completion of the activities.
The scope of the position covers all reviews and support of electrical design activities associated with the Engineering Contractor's activities for the project.
• Have a full knowledge of the Feasibility and Final Study Engineering package
• Have a full knowledge of the Engineering Contractors scope as per the Contract
• Have a full understanding of the Engineering Contractors Schedule and the activities and deliverables for the discipline and be a driver to ensure the latter are achieved in a timely manner.
• Prior to commencing work, agree with the Project Manager the proposed budget for the work to be undertaken
• Ensure that all tasks assigned by the Project Manager are completed on time and within budget
• Attend internal / external design reviews and other meetings, as necessary
• Attend internal training courses as requested by the Engineering Manager and be aware of external training courses which could be of benefit
• Keep up to date with and adhere to Company and Project related procedures
• Make himself/herself fully familiar with Company Common Engineering Specifications and its local amendments and ensure deviation requested are raised accordingly, logged and followed up.. Give the appropriate feedback to the workgroup.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• For all Electrical Equipment and Installations,
Conduct design reviews and approve in accordance with the project quality plan the Electrical specifications, data sheets, studies & calculation sheets, single line diagrams, consumer list, substation, elementary & connection diagrams, cable routing, power system, lighting system, earthing & lighting systems, telecommunication system, tracing system, cathodic protection system/studies, hazardous area classification, material requisitions for electrical equipment and bulk material and alike.
• Ensure that the As Built documentation is reviewed correctly and correctly taken into the design.
• Is responsible for the Document Distribution Matrix for the respective discipline area.
• Approve the material requisition for budget bid inquiry and pass to Project Manager for final approval.
• Perform a detailed quality check of the Electrical Work package before budget bid inquiry
• Review technical bid evaluations and approve accordingly
• For any defined long lead items follow up of the supply and Vendors’ drawing check in accordance with the project quality plan and carry out vendors’ visits for inspection purposes
• And for any defined long lead items participate actively in Vendor contract negotiations, Kick-off meetings, and visits to expedite information etc.
• Support the exercise to define the spare parts, for 2 years commissioning and Start-up and for capital spares; ensure these are in the estimate
• Contribute as a team member, and liaise with other disciplines and the Engineering and Procurement Contractor as necessary for IDC checks etc., to minimise costs and efficiently co-ordinate planned work scopes.
• Follow up closely the engineering and procurement schedules ensuring the activities for the discipline are completed in a timely manner.
• Attend internal progress meetings and meetings as required with the Engineering Contractor.
• Review and approve all electrical changes after “Approved for Design” level is reached.
• Participate actively in the Contractors planning and monitor overall progress and performance by frontline activities identifying any areas of concern and implementation or instigation of appropriate remedial actions
• Actively participate in audits of both the Contractor and Vendors.
• Give input to the Engineering Manager to keep track of the process defects, nonconformities etc., as stated in the Contract with the Engineering Contractor.
• Perform risk Assessment continuously in his area.