Head of York & North Yorkshire Office (VC9598) York, England
|Salary:||Healthcare, Pension, Car Allowance|
Castle Employment Group are working in partnership with the West & North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce (WNY) to recruit a Head of York & North Yorkshire Office. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to become part of the management team, and be the lead person for Chamber activities in York and North Yorkshire, and the manager of all West and North Yorkshire Chamber events across Bradford, Leeds and North Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the successful candidate will design and deliver an events strategy for West and North Yorkshire, and produce a clearly defined partner strategy, including alongside colleagues, to support the business plan objectives e.g. links and communications with key organisations – City of York Council, York Business Improvement District, Local Economic Partnership. The role will also involve:
- Liaison and customer care of Executive Members and Patrons in North Yorkshire. Recruitment of Executive Members and Patrons in North Yorkshire.
- Identify and promote sponsorship opportunities, primarily, but not exclusively for the three annual dinners.
- Work with the President and Vice President of York & North Yorkshire on planning, liaison with partners, including providing office support. Identify and help recruit potential future Presidents and Directors of the WNY Board.
- Work with the Leadership Group for York and North Yorkshire alongside policy colleagues, identifying issues, contributors and information. Identifying potential members for the leadership group and any standing or ad hoc policy committees e.g. York Property Forum.
- Liaise with the WNY policy team on representation, meetings and communication.
- Ensure that events are planned and delivered successfully by leading a team of 3 event co-ordinators based in Bradford, Leeds and York and allocating their time to achieve the events targets for attendance and satisfaction across the geographic area. Implement and monitor key performance indicators for each individual and the team.
- Negotiating with venues, speakers and agents to make bookings and deliver events cost effectively.
- Supervise the events co-ordinator based in the York office to provide the secretariat for committee meetings and for the President and Vice President.
- To work closely with the WNY Marketing Manager to promote, evaluate and record events and activities.
- To draft an annual budget for WNY events with support from the Financial Controller/Company Secretary and to monitor income and costs on a monthly basis.
- To contribute to monthly management meetings, including developing new services and to take part in strategic reviews.
- To develop standard operating procedures for all processes involved in events management, ensure that all of the team record member activity on the Salesforce database and make best use of the IT systems.
Candidates will need to demonstrate proven experience of running events successfully, preferably for a business audience, and have experience of developing and supervising a dispersed team to achieve targets. The successful candidate will also have a strong track record of individual achievement against sales and income targets, as well as excellent general management, business knowledge, and experience of generating revenue from business, through third parties and customer focused initiatives. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who also have experience in hospitality and leisure, of working in North Yorkshire, and of running their own business (or who have held a suitably senior position within a business).
The position will primarily be based from the York office, but travel to other Chamber offices and venues will make up a significant part of the role. Applicants must be a driver and car owner, with good geographical knowledge of the West & North Yorkshire area. Additionally, you should be flexible and able to work outside normal hours on a regular basis.
To apply, please contact our retained recruitment partner, Melanie Jones at Castle Employment Group - firstname.lastname@example.org The West & North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce are working exclusively with Castle Employment Group, and so all CV's and expressions of interest will be directed to Castle.