Male Registered Nurse - Anyinginyi Health - Tennant Creek (JO-2205-2539) Tennant Creek, Australia
|Salary:||AUD97333 - AUD103994 per annum|
- Short term contract
- Rewarding career options in a dynamic workplace
- Subsidised accommodation
Anyinginyi is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region, dedicated to ‘Closing the Gap’ in Aboriginal health within remote Australia. Anyinginyi has a holistic approach to health ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary of $97,333 - $103,994 p/a
- Free gym membership, free general dentistry and subsidised accommodation
- Professional development allowance of $1,300p/a
- Relocation Assistance
What’s the role?
- Triaging and supporting Aboriginal and Torres strait Islander clients in remote communities appropriately and responding promptly to all emergency health care needs
- Conducting opportunistic and scheduled health assessments, immunisations and treatment of clients, as well as delivering health education and health promotion, as per CARPA guidelines, within the scope of practice
- Maintaining high quality of practice knowledge, skills, and expertise through meeting the continuing professional development standards set by AHPRA, and meeting any other Mandatory Registration Standards
- Participating in dealing with issues affecting the social and emotional wellbeing of the community in line and associated with Women's health activities
Is the role right for you?
- Evidenced understanding of the Primary Health Care system and key issues relevant to closing the gap in health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Ability to communicate sensitively and culturally appropriate to support the delivery of programs and services.
- Current certification to give vaccines in the Northern Territory or ability to achieve this.
- Experience, skills and knowledge in multidisciplinary teamwork and conflict management.
- Experience working with an Aboriginal organisation or communities will be highly regarded but is not essential, provided you are able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the issues pertaining to Aboriginal Primary Health Care and the social determinants of health in our surrounding communities.
What’s it like living in Tennant Creek?
Year-round blue skies, stunning landscapes, and vibrant, diverse, and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage but is a remarkable community to set up home in! As a small regional centre, Tennant Creek does not have the facilities one would find in larger country towns like Katherine or Alice Springs however it does provide for all the basics that most people require, and several tourist attractions within easy reach like the beautiful Lake Mary Ann.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan Dennis on 08 8982 1002 or email@example.com