Remote Area Nurse - Sunrise Health (JO-2301-2862) Katherine, Australia
- Relocation Assistance
- Enticing salary packages on offer
- Short- or long-term contracts
Sunrise is a community controlled Primary Health Care organisation. Sunrise has a unique approach to the delivery of health to all people in the remote communities east of Katherine, NT. Sunrise has a philosophy of community participation, strong focus on multi-disciplinary care coordination and to achieve positive outcomes in overall levels of health and well-being within the community while building the capacity within the clinic to provide the highest possible standard of culturally appropriate health care.
What's in it for you?
- 6 weeks leave per year
- Paid Study Leave available
- Post Graduate allowance where applicable
- Partially subsidised air-conditioned housing and electricity
- Salary packaging options
- FOIL payment and travel days
- Full support within a dedicated health team
What's the role?
- Working collaboratively with a dedicated team to provide primary health care, acute care and accident and emergency care, as required
- Treating acute illness and chronic medical conditions, and completing computerised recalls and patient follow-up care
- Ensuring that programmed outstation visits are completed, and health checks/screenings are completed as required
- Assessment and referral of social welfare issues
- Providing direction, guidance, training, and support for Aboriginal Health Workers in their everyday work
- Day to day administration of clinical activities
What's it like living the Big Rivers Region?
The Big Rivers region (a 3 hour drive from Darwin) begins south of Kakadu National Park encompassing Pine Creek, then extends over 500km south to Kalkaringi and stretches across the width of the Territory between the Western Australia and Queensland borders. The region is significant in scale, covering over 360,000 square kilometres and accounting for an area greater than that covered by Germany. The region consists of a number of varied natural environments including vast rivers, tropical forests, rocky escarpments and savannah plains.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan on 08 8982 1002.