Head of Curriculum (RL10694) Scarborough, England
|Salary:||GBP40000 - GBP41611 per annum|
Castle Education are recruiting for a strong Head of Area to lead a diverse curriculum offer within a Further Education College on the beautiful Yorkshire Coast.
The role is full time and permanent and entails managing teams in the following curriculum areas;
Business, Sport, Care, AAT, Childcare, Catering and Criminology
You would therefore be required to have expertise and industry experience in one of these areas although this is not essential.
More specific tasks associated with the role would include producing the areas self-assessment, Quality Improvement Plan and Curriculum Strategy and ensuring that all your learners achieve the highest standards of customer service and learner support to enable them to succeed in their studies and beyond. You will be required to monitor and manage your own budget on a monthly and annual basis.
- Evidence of successful people management in an FE curriculum environment.
- Experience of leading a team to achieve good to outstanding success rates.
- Experience of effectively managing staff under performance
- Related degree/appropriate higher level qualification in a specific curriculum subject (Not essential)
- Relevant Teaching Qualifications including PGCE, Certificate in Education or alternative.
This college is a medium size organisation that offers FE and HE qualifications. It is part of a large group that works within a range of vocational areas offering specialist qualifications to meet specific employer needs.
It is based within North Yorkshire with the Yorkshire Dales only 30 minutes away and the seaside on the doorstep so an ideal location for anyone passionate about the great outdoors.