Head of Procurement (JO016312) Kampala, Uganda
We are looking for a Head of Procurement for one of our Clients :
Location : Kampala, Uganda
Work Status : Resident
Duration : 18 Months
- Degree in relevant technical or Business field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in similar role with previous experience in an operational position.
- Good operational knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry
- Good knowledge of purchasing, transit and stock management
- Good numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills (including team management), written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Valid Medical Certificate which complies with Company standards.
- Manage the team of 4 Procurement Engineers for treatment of Purchase Requisitions (PRs) for Materials coming from Drilling team up to the Purchase Order (PO) issuance according to Company procedure and ethics (Internal procedures, Hygiene Safety Environment and Quality, Compliance & Anti Bribery).
- Assist efficiently the Drilling & Wells team in timely issuance of Contract Call-Off Orders (COO).
- Ensure proper expediting of materials, either purchased under PO or COO, up to reception as per delivery terms defined in the PO or COO.
- Closely monitor the stock availability: measure shortage and take appropriate remedial actions.
- Ensure whole procurement process is auditable and conducted with highest possible transparency.
- Effectively contribute to the local content development not only by promoting purchase of quality goods available locally but also by training and coaching the procurement team which will be mainly composed of local staff.
- Lead the negotiations of commercial terms of purchases.
- Validate of all contractual documents and formal letters issued.
- Prospect and ensure proper evaluation of supplier performance.
- Liaise with other services to maintain materials management optimization (no shortage and no overstock).
- Ensure efficient relationships with the customs brokers and freight forwarders, according to the customs clearing procedures and duties.
- Ineffectively contribute to the optimization of the economic performance of the operations (including optimization of transportation costs).