CONSTRUCTION MANAGER ( SOLAR PV ) (CONSTRUCTION) Huíla Province, Angola
Our Client is looking for CONSTRUCTION MANAGER for a SOLAR PV Project with the following details :
Location : Quilemba, Angola
Duration : 1 year, renewable
Work Status : Resident, Single
- A bachelor’s Degree in any discipline of Engineering
- Portuguese and English speaker
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in construction of power plants (technology based)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) OR equivalent certification is preferred
- EPC background and experience is a must
- Project size experience to match the size of the project at hand
- A minimum of 1 project construction completed.
- Be knowledgeable on international standards and 'best practice' in relation to construction
- Be knowledgeable on environmental legislation and good industry practice in relation to construction works
- IT proficiency, in particular, MS Word, MS Excel, or similar
- Be fully aware of EPC Contract, O&M Agreement and various Project Agreements and manage thestake holders effectively in line with the contracts.
- Organizing the integrated site team in order to supervise the EPC Contractor’s construction progress, quality of the works, including commissioning until COD (i.e. inspection witnessing,
- clearing punch list items, issuing mechanical completion certificates, turnover packages readiness, checking and implementing commissioning procedures…);
- Ensures the EPC Contractor’s compliance with all the site HSE rules and regulations at every stage of construction;
- Ensures the EPC Contractor’s compliance in executing of the works with the approved Method Statements/ Risk Analyses and regulations at every stage of construction;
- Organization of the site lay-out, offices, storage area, etc.;
- Assists to the weekly site meetings , progress and/or discipline technical meetings with EPC Contractor;
- Monitors and check the EPC Contractors’ work across each discipline to ensure the timely delivery of the works;
- Provides the PD the inputs for the monthly progress reports, relevant information to check EPC Contractor invoices.
- Verification of the site logbook managed by the EPC Contractor. Issue the O/OE logbook;
- In cooperation with the schedule engineer,
- follows up of the actual progress versus planned values,
- Ensures that the critical activities are executed according schedule, and looks for opportunities to create margin within the critical path.
- analyses the works and imposes optimizations towards the Contractor where possible
- evaluates and approves all recovery plan of the delayed activities to secure the overall schedule
- supports the schedule engineer in drafting the progress reports towards PD/EMD;
- Daily management of on-site technical personnel (hours present, leave, etc.) for the personnel reporting directly to him, in cooperation with HR manager