Commercial Analyst ( Energy OR Water Sector Experience ) (JO014829) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
We are recruiting for a Commercial Analyst ( Energy OR Power OR Water Sector Mandatory Experience ) for one of our Clients
Terms & Condition:
Work Assignment : Contract Hire ( to work for the Client through MPH )
Duration : 1 year renewable
Work Location : UAE
Work Status : Resident
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field such as Economics, Mathematics, Engineering
- Master Degree in a relevant field is preferable
- Expert modelling and analytical skills primarily in Excel.
- Minimum of 3 years of varied experience in energy, power or water sector commercial/trading activities
- Knowledge of economics and commercial pricing principles and methodologies
- English language is mandatory; Arabic is preferable
- Experience using the outputs of Plexos and/or other optimisation programmes used in the energy sector (desirable)
- Understanding of the Gulf region and the sector in Abu Dhabi (desirable)
The Commercial Analyst (CA) is responsible for supporting the Commercial Team primarily across four main activities:
1. The charges to be applied to COMPANY’s power and water customers
2. The forecasting of PWPA and related costs for budgeting and planning purposes
3. Exchange synergies (e..g. swaps or tolling agreements) with other power/water players in the UAE
4. Short term trading arrangements with other players within and outside the UAE.
MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1 – Support the development and implementation of charges:
The Bulk Supply Tariff (BST) to COMPANY’s Distribution customers including the annual tariff-setting process, within-year implementation and future enhancements to the methodology.
Long-term supply agreements to other large power and water customers, based on an understanding of their willingness to pay, in order to maximize COMPANY’s profitability and send price signals to the sector to drive appropriate behaviour.
The CA supports the tariff-setting process, running ad-hoc impact analysis, developing pricing structures and Willingness-to-Pay models in Excel and potentially running/interpreting scenarios using Plexos (COMPANY’s planning tool).
2 - The development of 5-year forecasts for all power and water costs (excluding fuel and business costs) to support COMPANY’s annual budgeting process and the annual BST setting process. Quarterly updates as required for internal reporting cycle.
The CA is required to liaise with Finance, Planning and Forecasting, and Procurement to develop robust cost estimates for the PWPA-related costs that are key components of the 5-year business plan.
3 - Exchange synergies (e..g. swaps or tolling agreements) and origination support for commercial arrangements with other power/water players in the UAE.
The CA supports the assessment of commercial activities, run financial models, developing pricing models in Excel and running/interpreting scenarios using Plexos. He/she also support COMPANY’s trading activities in existing/future trading platforms.
4 Analysis support for major sector initiates such as new unlicensed customer sales, or mergers, interconnection arrangements, green certification, or any other transaction that has effect on costs, revenues or demand, based on existing benchmark models.
The CA provides monthly report to the Commercial Manager on the actual commercial performance of the team and keeps the activity results monitored and auditable. He/She supports the fuel and commercial team with the assessment of the financial impacts of the different deals, before, during and after their execution.