HSE Leader (HSE) Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
We are looking for an HSE Leader with the following details :
Location : Brunei - Bandar with frequent visit to EPC Contractors premises
Duration : 24 months
Work Status : Resident, Single
- Academic Qualifications: University or Regional College Studies within Engineering
- Professional Experience: minimum 15 years in the oil & gas industry incl. an experience in HSE during project execution, an experience with brownfield project in SIMOPS conditions is preferred.
- Prior job as safety engineer is essential to lead the Pre-FID work.
- Experience in an international environment is preferred.
- Fluency in English
- Capable of handling the relevant IT tools (Office pack…)
- Demonstrate exemplary behavior with regards to HSE rules and requirements and ensure their implementation
- Ensure implementation of the HSE rules and requirements within his/her perimeter of responsibilities and that all the activities are performed with the highest level of consideration to HSE risk management
- Promote safety awareness at all level through exemplary and pro-active attitude within Project team and Contractor/Subcontractors’ team
- To assist the Project Manager and the Project Team on all HSE aspects
- Provide support on all HSE topics
- Ensure a permanent, efficient and constructive communication with all Contractors on HSE matters
- Anticipate potential issues and report it to the project manager with mitigation proposals
- Coordinate timely mobilization of HSE resources to ensure correct supervision on all project activities
- Report HSE concern to the project manager
- Review the HSE related documentation in due time not to delay the project
- Ensure the project is executed as per the applicable laws and regulations by implementing the adequate process and procedure and by keeping tracks of any changes in HSE regulations applicable to the project
- Participate the safety design reviews (HAZOP, HAZID, etc) and monitor the implementation of the HSE related findings
- Participate to PR and assist in closure of PR findings related to HSE
- Contribute to the SIMOPS philosophy in coordination with the Project Field Operations Leader and Site personnel
- To prepare any derogations to the General Specifications and follow-up its processing and ensure all the authorization are obtained prior commencing the work (permits, derogations, authorities approval…)
- Work closely with the project manager and the other packages leaders
- Provide HSE induction to all personnel joining the project
- Participate to the various project coordination meetings
- To define the HSE training matrix for the Project and to ensure that the personnel is up to date according to their HSE responsibilities. Monitor the personnel training, certification and fitness to work prior mobilization on the project
- To define, to develop and to implement a Safety Culture Program adapted to the size and specficities of the Project (size, location, activities…) and embarking all the contractors
- To organize HSE audit program and to follow-up implementation of the actions and support the affiliate in implementing the last MAESTRO audit findings
- To implement and to monitor the Environmental Management Plan, including waste management plan
- To prepare HSE bridging documents when required and to ensure they are validated in due time by all parties
- To define and to monitor HSE KPIs
- To prepare the Safety Cases required during the course of the project and to ensure they are validated in due time by SHENA
- To define and to update the Project Emergency Response Plans and ensure the same is issued by all Contractors
- To define and to ensure procurement of all the specific HSE material and equipment and to follow-up their availability and maintenance
- To organize regular Project Management HSE Committees involving management of each main contractors
Prior to taking the HSE Lead role post FID, the incumbent will take the temporarily affiliate role as a safety advisor who will be reporting to the HSE Manager.
- the individual shall be mobilized in mission to COMPANY as soon as recruited
- the pre-FID role is focused on closing the outstanding 2022 Maestro Audit findings and ensuring that the HSE management system is up to date prior to joining the LP Compression Project team
- as part of his role, the safety advisor might be involved
- organise, lead or participate in project reviews, such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL Assessments in projects and to follow up on the results.
- Review and update affiliate’s Safety Case and prepare/help with the development of combined safety cases under Brunei COMAH Regulations.
- Review and validate engineering documentation related to safety concept, formal safety assessments
- To keep up to date the Major Risk Register/consolidation of actions and communicate to Management and engagement at sites
- He/she will also be asked to coach operations safety advisor in safety engineering subjects prior transitioning position as HSE Lead post FID