FSO Structure Engineer (JO014659) Doha, Qatar
We are currently looking for a FSO Structure Engineer for one of our clients ( Oil and Gas )
Following are Terms & Conditions for the role:
Type of Job : 29-SEP-2022
Work Location : Doha, Qatar
Work Status : Resident, 5 days per week, 8 hours per day
- Promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other COMPANY HSE procedures in all activities,
- Carry out work in compliance with COMPANY values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed COMPANY priorities and objectives, COMPANY standards and procedures and good industry practices,
- Follow-up of engineering development activities progress related to topsides structural systems for the Major Projects – Export Scheme Project by the contractors, the LLI and packages vendors (as applicable). The scope of activities will concern both FEEDs and detailed design contracts. The activities include the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentation to ensure compliance with design dossier, SOR, Company specifications, Corporate standard and HSE regulation, international codes and classification society rules.
- Participate in the redaction of the scope of work to be sent with the project RFQ in view of FEEDs execution
- Supervision, control, review and co-ordination of Structural Engineering development in compliance with project specifications and procedures, COMPANY specifications, discipline requirements and international codes, with respect of cost, schedule and required level of quality and safety applicable to this project,
- Review and approve, in accordance with applicable procedures and requirements, the various structural documents issued by ESO CTR, including in place and lifting analysis,
- Ensure a regular and accurate weight and CoG monitoring and reporting to management,
- Define and monitor the structural interface parameters between Hull and Topsides,
- To define, follow up and evaluate the structural discipline studies to be carried out by Contractors,
- Identification of any optimization / improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of concept design,
- To promote alternatives for topsides structural design to reduce and to optimise the installations weight,
- To supervise and promote cost-saving solutions in the design,
- Identify potential deviations from the COMPANY referential and report these to the Engineering Manager for final decision on whether or not to implement,
- Ensure that design is standardized across the various FSO and is cost effective, in line with management strategy,
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters,
- Ensure that relevant feedback from previous similar projects are considered in the design performance,
- Participate actively in technical decision making, in meetings with potential contractors and vendors,
- Participate in the technical analysis of offers and assist in vendor selection,
- Assistance in the finalization of contractual documents,
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management,
- Provide technical answers to technical queries and provide support in deviations requests related to structural issues,
- Manage assistance from shareholder specialists (remote head office), when required,
- To participate in the project reviews sessions with COMPANY, Contractors and vendors teams,
- Provide technical answers and clarifications to internal project audit sessions (PR, HAZOP, etc…),
- To contribute to the engineering interfaces,
- To ensure detailed progress reporting to project management,
- To assist project management team to reply to various correspondence by providing technical support,
- To carry out any other duty or task that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors in line with discipline expertise,
- Treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualification: Master degree in structural system engineering,
- Experience: minimum 10 years’ experience as structural engineer in structural field in Oil and Gas activities. Extensive experience in structural engineering with relevant experience within the offshore oil and gas production industry,
- Experience in offshore facilities or FSO, FPSO is a plus,
- Available for technical missions worldwide,
- Familiar with Total GS, MOQ standards and relevant codes and standards,
- Language: Fluent English.
- Computer literate, especially in structural calculation softwares.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Good analytical skills.