Lead Material / Preservation Coordinator (JO015768) Doha, Qatar
We looking for a Lead Material / Preservation Coordinator for one of our clients
Following are Terms & Conditions for the role:
Location : Qatar Onshore
Duration : May 2021 - Apr 2023
Work Schedule : 10 hours per day / 6 days per week
- Overseas and delivers the materials receiving and preservation for PROJECT Onshore in conjunction with the EPC Contractors Materials and Preservation Teams.
- Work hand in hand with EPC’s Contractor to ensure material receiving is completed and material delivered to the laydown area and preservation requirements are implemented in line with Supplier requirements up to hand over to construction site
- Reports to Procurement Lead
- 15 years of construction activities on mega projects in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in supervision.
- Experience in LNG plant and gas processing facilities construction is desirable.
- Strong background in Site Materials Control, Preservation, warehousing and knowledge of Material Management System. Familiarity with material/equipment preservation and maintenance system and practice on projects of similar size and type.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Become thoroughly familiar with Contractor’s Purchase Orders, plans and specifications as they apply to the materials and equipment to be delivered to site and the storage and preservation requirements of each, and should review them frequently. Must be capable of immediately recognizing if the materials and/or equipment being delivered to site conform to contractual requirements.
- If any material and equipment does not conform to the contract requirements, the Material Controller will incumbent must immediately notify Contractor’s Materials Control Group and the Onshore PMT, explain why it does not conform and assure the proper actions are taken for rectification.
- Ensure Contractor’s timely development and effective implementation of Project Unloading, Transportation and Logistics Systems, Procedures, and Detailed schedules. Closely monitor and audit contractor’s relevant implementation plan.
- Ensure Contractor has in place an efficient process for the clearance of shipping documentation for cutoms clearance.
- Coordinate closely with Port authorities in Doha and RLC for regulations, procedures and working schedule details. Understand limitations and constraints of port facilities and manpower to assess and provide proactive suggestions to improve the unloading and transportation operation of the Contractor.
- Work with material control group, both the site team and the Contractor, to ensure logistics plan developed by contractor fits the scheduled delivery requirement, and jointly develop contingency measures for delivery recognizing the port capacity limitations
- Interface with other projects and port authorities on a working level to facilitate the effective sharing of port facilities and prioritization of PROJECT materials where critical Interface and update information with other PROJECT EPC’s is of critical importance since the four EPC projects share common accesses and roads inside the PROJECT site area.
- Work with construction planning group and interface group, together with other PROJECT EPC’s as required, to facilitate alternative routes due to inevitable access road obstruction and to meet construction requirements. More importantly, preventative measures and pro-active contingency planning should be taken into constructability studies to minimize such obstructions.